- duration 12 days
- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 12
- age requirement 18-45 yrs
- Visit a local Sri Lankan village and learn first hand about local life before climbing Pidurangala Rock for an amazing view over the famous Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
- Stroll through rolling green tea plantations, pick tea with the locals, experience thundering waterfalls, Little Adam’s Peak and the famous Nine Arches Bridge.
- Get up close and personal with some of the world’s most amazing wildlife on a once in a lifetime Safari experience. Spot herds of wild free roaming elephants, crocodiles, water buffalo and all kinds of beautiful birdlife!
- Relax on the beautiful white sandy beaches of southern Sri Lanka and learn to surf.
Sri Lanka Experience is the absolute best of Sri Lanka in 12 days. You’ll discover fascinating local culture, ancient cave temples, stunning sunsets, the famous Sigiriya rock fortress, spice gardens, tea plantations, epic waterfalls, travel the world’s most scenic train journey, spot wild elephants, crocodiles and amazing birdlife on Safari, relax on gorgeous white sandy beaches, learn to surf, teach Buddhist monks English, experience local life, party on the beach and more!
With an awesome group leader from the moment you step off the plane, an instant group of friends to share your adventure, amazing accommodation and so much included. Get ready for the trip of a lifetime!
Day 1: Arrive & meet the Group - We’ll pick you up from Colombo airport and take you to our beach front hotel in
Negombo. You’ll then have plenty of time to recover from your long flight, chill out and meet everyone in your group.
Day 2: Tuk tuk ride & local markets – Discover the beachside town of Negombo by tuk tuk and visit the famous local fish market, before heading north to the beautiful and sacred town of Dambulla. The next two nights we will stay in a unique and beautiful ‘glamping’ resort. (B, L)
Day 3: Local Village & Sigiriya - An amazing and diverse day starting with experiencing the stunning views of the famous Sigiriya Rock Fortress followed by an authentic local village experience. We’ll cruise by boat and learn how to make delicious Sri Lankan food and live like the locals! (B, L)
Day 4: Spice Garden, Temple of the Tooth & Kandy – Today we’ll head south via a spice garden before arriving in the cultural centre of Sri Lanka – Kandy. We’ll visit the amazing Temple of the Tooth and wander around the beautiful Kandy Lake, before heading out for dinner and a few drinks. (B)
Day 5: Tea Plantations & train to Ella – We’ll continue south through stunning rolling green tea plantations, stopping to learn how to pick and make tea; Sri Lanka’s most famous export. Before boarding the ‘world’s most scenic train’ to the town of Ella. Once we arrive we’ll head into town for dinner and a night out! (B, L)
Day 6: Little Adam’s Peak and chill time in Ella – A free morning to relax and explore the beautiful little town of Ella, do some shopping or unwind with a traditional massage. We’ll then hike the stunning Little Adam’s Peak and enjoy the spectacular views. (B)
Day 7: Nine Arches Bridge & National Park – This morning we’ll visit the famous Nine Arches Bridge before heading south to the amazing Udawalawe National Park. (B)
Day 8: Safari time! – A truly unforgettable day as we wake for sunrise and travel by jeep into the stunning Udawalawe National Park; one of the world’s best places to spot herds of wild free roaming elephants, crocodiles and amazing bird life. That afternoon we’ll make our way to some beautiful beaches and finish the day watching the sunset and having a beach BBQ. (B, D)
Day 9: Eco Retreat - Today we’ll travel to the hidden paradise of Tallala. Here we’ll stay at an incredibly beautiful and tranquil retreat that is both environmentally friendly and stunning beachside accommodation. Yoga is optional or spend some time relaxing under the palm trees by the pool or beach side at one of the best kept secret beaches of the south. (B)
Day 10: Learn to Surf and Beach time – This morning we’ll continue along the coast and stop for a private surf lesson on the super friendly and relaxed Welligama Beach, before checking into our beachside accommodation in Mirissa and heading out to check out the town. (B)
Day 11: Buddhist Monk Visit: Today we’ll have the truly special experience of visiting a Buddhist Monastery where we’ll spend time with the local monk students and learn about their way of life. Later tonight we’ll head out for our farewell meal on the beach and experience the nightlife in Mirissa for our last party together! (B)
Day 12: Check out & onward travel - Your epic adventure comes to an end today. Your group leader will help organise your onward travel including return to Colombo and airport transfers.
- 11 nights accommodation
- 1 Night Negombo - Twin/Dbl Share Hotel (Hotel J) 2 Nights Dambulla - Twin/Dbl Share Glamping Resort 1 Night Kandy - Twin/Dbl Share Hotel 2 Nights Ella - Twin/Dbl Share Hotel 1 Night Udawalawe National Park - Twin/Dbl Hotel 1 Night Dikwella - Twin/Dbl Share Hotel 1 Night Tallala - Twin/Dbl/Trpl Share Eco Retreat 2 Nights Mirissa - Twin/Dbl Share Hotel
- 11 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches and 2 Dinners
- Ella train journey
- All transport
- Experienced western Group Leader and local guides
- Airport pickup
- Local markets
- Tuk Tuk rides
- Local Village Visit
- River Boat Ride
- Sigiriya View Climb
- Spice Garden
- Temple of the Tooth
- Tea Plantation
- Little Adams Peak
- Nine Arches Bridge
- Safari Experience
- Learn to Surf
- Buddhist Monk Visit
- Onward travel help & planning
- 24/7 support after the trip finishes
- International Flights
- Travel Insurance
- some meals
- Bookmundi is partner with Intro Travel. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 45 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 260 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure. For any departures within 14 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Sri Lanka Experience 12 Day tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sri Lanka Experience 12 Day tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.