Madrid to Marrakech
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- City sightseeing
- Local culture
- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3773
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Wander around Salamanca's Plaza Mayor at night, lit up to reveal its intricate architecture
- Fado is an emotional form of Portuguese music which often expresses the hard realities of the daily life, balancing both resignation and hopefulness. Enjoy unforgettable Fado performance in Coimbra.
- Make the most of your time in Lisbon. This city has so many sights on offer; beautiful museums, monuments and parks, as well as its famous trams, bars and restaurants.
- The Algarve in Portugal is the perfect middle point of the trip. Buy some fresh local produce in the morning market to enjoy while soaking up the sun on gorgeous beaches. In the evening enjoy a sunset over the Atlantic Ocean from our accommodations roof top terrace.
- Feel adventurous as you cross the strait of Gibraltar between Spain and Morocco, leaving Europe behind for Africa. Land softly in Chefchaouen, our first stop in Morocco. Wake up to the call for prayer, enjoy local fresh produce breakfast and head out to explore this beautiful blue mountain village on foot.
- Relive a glorious medieval past in Fes city. While many tourists get lost in the labyrinthine streets of the medina, you'll have a local guide to show you the way
- Where else would you find drummers, dancers, fortune tellers, jugglers and old medicine men in one place? Marrakech is the perfect place to share a final group meal and stock up on treasures in the city's colourful souqs
- Show more
Enjoy a first-hand experience of Spanish, Portuguese and Moroccan lifestyles. Travelling from Madrid to Marrakech, immerse yourself in the history of each destination, exploring ancient cultures through art, design, language and religion, meeting charismatic locals along the way. From fine Spanish cuisine and awesome shopping in Madrid to idyllic Algarve beaches and Islamic architecture in Morocco, this tour has been designed to pique your curiosity and allow a discovery of the mysteries concealed within each region. Experience a collision of old and new, European and African, and be dazzled by the vibrancy of this corner of the world.
Day 1: Madrid
Day 2: Salamanca
Day 3: Coimbra
Day 4: Coimbra
Day 5: Lisbon
Day 6: Lisbon
Day 7: The Algarve / Olhao
Day 8: The Algarve / Olhao
Day 9: Seville / Tarifa
Day 10: Chefchaouen
Day 11: Chefchaouen
Day 12: Fes
Day 13: Fes
Day 14: Marrakech
Day 15: Marrakech
- Hotel (14 nights)
- 10 Breakfasts
- Train , Ferry , Metro , Private vehicle , Public bus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Coimbra - Evening Fado Performance
- Lisbon - Citadel
- Algarve - Culatra Island Day Trip by Boat
- Chefchaouen - Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Fes - Medina walking tour
- Any international flights to Madrid and from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Madrid to Marrakech tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 120+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Madrid to Marrakech tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 May 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Madrid to Marrakech tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Madrid to Marrakech tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- Please note that the European part of the trip will be led by a European leader, while the Moroccan part will be led by one of our experienced local Moroccan leaders. The changeover will take place upon arrival at the port of Tangier in Morocco from where the European leader will return to Spain.
- Both Coimbra and Lisbon are hilly cities with a lot of steps to conquer and sometimes rather steep steps if you want to make the most out of your time and experience here.
- Summer temperatures can be extreme in Spain, Portugal and Morocco (over 40°C), so it’s important to use sun protection, wear breathable layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Many hotels in Europe have fans, not air-conditioning. In contrast, this trip also has departures during the winter months (mid-October to mid-March). This is the perfect time to see the highlights of Spain, Portugal and Morocco without any of the crowds, however the weather during this time of year is unpredictable, and possibly cold and rainy. Please carefully consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
- Hotels in Europe and Morocco often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together and, by some standards, are considered rather small. We have sourced our accommodation very carefully and picked the best possible hotels in line with the Intrepid original style of travel, but please note that service and accommodation in Morocco may be different to western standards.
- In Morocco non-Muslims are barred from visiting the inside of mosques. However while visiting the grounds of a mosque the recommended dress code still does apply; please ensure you cover your legs, shoulders and chest and show the appropriate respect. It's a good idea to bring a light scarf to cover your skin as needed.
- The important month of Ramadan will be in progress 22 March - 20 April 2023 and 10 March to 08 April 2024, and the Eid ul-Fitr festival will be held directly at its conclusion for 3-4 days. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience. However, some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
How much does a tour to Spain cost?
The duration of your stay, the type of accommodation and services you wish to book, and the activities you want to experience play a key role in determining the costs of your Spain vacation. On average, 7 days in Spain, including accommodation and meals, can cost anywhere from USD 1,000 to USD 1,800 per person. Hotel rooms can start from USD 49 per person, per night and go upward of USD 209, while a meal at an inexpensive restaurant can be had for around USD 12. A meal in a decent restaurant can cost upward of USD 20 per person.
What are the best things to do in Spain?
Salamanca during sightseeing tours. You can take in the picturesque landscape of rural Spain either on a driving trip (for example, through the Basque Circuit) or while hiking through its meadows and mountains. Experience the rich culinary culture of San Sebastian, considered by many to be the culinary capital of the country, and discover the dunes of Doñana National Park during a safari trip.
Is Spain a safe country for travelers?
Generally speaking, Spain is a safe destination to visit. It is considered among the top ten safest countries in the world. However, locals advise that you exercise the same kind of caution you would anywhere else. For example, avoid walking alone in dark alleys, be aware of scammers and follow the instructions of your tour guide. Learn more.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point description
Alternate Finish point instructions