- Trek to Nepal's biggest lake
- Authentic beauty of unexplored Karnali region of Nepal
- Fantastic panoramic views of the area
Rara lake lies on the remote Karnali zone in the north western Nepal. The region is made up of long ridges covered with temperate forests and alpine pastures enclosing high valleys. Summer rainfall is low but winter snow can be heavy and persistent. Since the region is fairly high and free from monsoon thunderstorms, the summer season is ideal for trekking. Winters are cold, but in the autumn season, trekking is rewarded with a profusion of alpine flowers.
The Rara Lake adventure starts with two flights - first to Nepalgunj then to Jumla, from where our trekking begins.
Please check out our Itinerary. We look forward to take you on a magnificent trek.
Day 02: Flight to Jumla (2380m) and start trek to Uthugaun, 45 minutes flight approx, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 03: Trek to Danphe Lagna (3490m), 5 - 6 hours walk approx, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 04: Trek to Chautha (2770m), 5 / 5.30 hours walk approx, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 05: Trek to Jhedi (2400m), 6 hours walk approx, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 06: Trek to Rara Lake (3062m), 4 hours walk approx, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 07: Rest in Rara Lake to explore surrounding, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 08: Trek to Gorusingha (3150m), 5.30 hours walk approx, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 09: Trek to Sinja (3190m), 6.30 hours walk approx, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 10: Trek to Jaljala Chaur (2900m), overnight at guesthouse.
Day 11: Trek to Jumla (2380m), 5.30 hours walk approx, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 12: Fly to Nepalgunj and to Kathmandu, 45 minutes to Nepalgunj and 1 hour from Nepalgunj to Kathmandu.
- Airport pick up and drop off, upon arrival and departure in Kathmandu (international and domestic both).
- Pre-trek meeting
- Flight Kathamandu – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu inclusive with airport tax.
- Flight Nepalgunj - Jumla – Nepalgunj inclusive with airport tax.
- 1 professional, licensed and English speaking mountain guide.
- Well experienced English speaking assistant guide if the group size exceeds 3+ persons.
- Food during the trek (full board with breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea/coffee and seasonal fresh fruits).
- Guesthouse accommodation during the trek.
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Nepalgunj with breakfast as per the programme.
- All necessary trekking permits: Rara National Park and Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) fee.
- Worst case, help with all rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- First aid medical kit, Oxymeter to check pulse, heart rate and oxygen saturation at higher altitude.
- Unique Adventure sleeping bag and down jacket, duffel bag, area trekking map.
- All applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
- All organizational requirements.
- Hotel in KTM/Night
- Nepal visa (USD 25 for 15 days and USD 40 for 30 days).
- Your international flight to and from Nepal.
- Travel insurance (for helicopter evacuation if needed whilst trekking).
- Hotels in Kathmandu.
- Porters to carry luggage (you can add a porter when booking).
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Tips for guide, porter, driver.
01.) Good wind/rain jacket
02.) Warm fleece jacket or jersey
03.) Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
04.) Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
05.) A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
06.) Fleece jacket or pullover
07.) Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
08.) Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
09) Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
10.) Lightweight gloves
11.) Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
12.) Sun hat or scarf
13) Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
14.) Sunglasses with UV protection
17.) Hiking shorts
18.) Lightweight cotton long pants
19.) Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
20.) Fleece or wool pants
21.) Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
22.) Thin, lightweight inner socks
23.) Thick, warm wool hiking socks
24.) Hiking boots with spare laces
25.) Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
1.) Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
2.) Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
3.) Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
4.) Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
5.) Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
6.) Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
8.) Small wash towel