- Gosainkunda Trek - A culturally rich trek, with plenty of scenery
- The holy Gosainkunda lakes
The Gosainkunda trek takes you through beautiful topography and geology, together with varied climatic conditions of Langtang National Park, giving a wide range of vegetation types (including a sub-tropical forest). The Gosainkunda area is covered with 108 holy Lakes. Culturally the area is a mix of several ethnicities including Tamang, Sherpa, Cherti and Brahman people.
The Gosainkunda trek follows a rough trail with dramatic views to the west Himal Chuli (7893meter) Manaslu (8156meter) and Ganesh Himal (7406m). On a clear day, even the Annapurna range can be seen rising up behind and to the north across the valley is Langtang Lirung, the Langtang Range's highest mountain with its 7227 meters.
After reaching Laurebina La we cross a small ridge and have our first views of the holy Gosainkunda lakes. In the Gosaikunda region there are numerous lakes. The main three are Saraswatikunda, Bhairabkunda, and Gosainkunda. According to the legend, Shiva created Gosainkunda when he pierced a glacier with his trident to obtain water to quench his thirst after having swallowed poison that threatened to destroy the world.
With that little tale, we kindly refer to the Itinerary for the day-to-day programme for this trek.
Day 2: Trek to Chyolang Pati. 5 hours. Overnight Cholang Pati.
Day 3. Trek to Goshainkunda lake. 4 hours. Overnight Goshainkunda lake.
Day 4: Trek to Gopte/Tharepati. 5:30 hours. Overnight Gopte/Tharepati.
Day 5: Trek to Tarkigyang. 5 hours. Overnight at Tarkigyang.
Day 6: Trek to Kakani Danda. 5 hours. Overnight at Kakani.
Day 7: Back to Kathmandu
- 1 professional, licensed and English speaking mountain guide
- Airport Pick up and drop-off service by Private Coach.
- All meals during the trek (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with 1 cup of Tea & coffee per day.
- All accommodation during the trek in Guesthouses and lodges.
- Transport to/from Langtang area by public bus, starting from Kathmandu
- Langtang National Park permits & TIMS trekking Permits.
- Tourist service charge, Vat.
- One map of the Langtang trekking area for the group.
- Meals and Hotel whilst in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance.
- Nepal entry visa fee (visa upon arrival costs USD 40 for 30 days)
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, tips etc.