- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore five lakes including Gosainkunda, a religious and holy lake of Nepal
- Spectacular view of Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung
- Trek through pine and rhododendron forest and different flora and fauna on the way
The Gosainkunda trek takes you through beautiful topography and geology, together with varied climatic conditions of Langtang National Park, giving a wide range of vegetation types (including a sub-tropical forest). The Gosainkunda area is covered with 108 holy Lakes. Culturally the area is a mix of several ethnicities including Tamang, Sherpa, Cherti and Brahman people.
The Gosainkunda trek follows a rough trail with dramatic views towards of Mt. Himal Chuli (7893meter), Mt. Manaslu (8156meter) and Mt. Ganesh Himal (7406m). On a clear day, even the Annapurna range can be seen rising up behind and to the north across the valley is Langtang Lirung, the Langtang Range's highest mountain with its 7227 meters.
After reaching Laurebina La we cross a small ridge and have our first views of the holy Gosainkunda lakes. In the Gosainkunda region there are numerous lakes. The main three are Saraswatikunda, Bhairabkunda, and Gosainkunda. According to the legend, Shiva created Gosainkunda when he pierced a glacier with his trident to obtain water to quench his thirst after having swallowed poison that threatened to destroy the world.
Please see the itinerary for a day-by-day route.
I recommend this trek to everyone.”
Day 1: Drive to Dhunche (1,950m)
Day 2: Trek from Dhunche to Sing Gompa (3,254m)
Day 3: Trek from Sing Gompa to Gosaikunda (4,336m)
Day 4: Trek from Gosaikunda to Ghopte (2,680m)
Day 5: Trek from Ghopte to Kutumsang (2,470m)
Day 6: Trek from Kutumsang to Chisapani (2,200m)
Day 7: Trek from Chisapani to Sundarijal & drive back to KTM
- 1 professional, licensed and English speaking mountain guide
- Airport Pick up and drop-off service by Private Coach.
- All meals during the trek (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with 1 cup of Tea & coffee per day.
- All accommodation during the trek in Guesthouses and lodges.
- Langtang National Park permits & TIMS trekking Permits.
- Transport to Dhunche by Public Bus
- Transport back to Kathmandu from Sundarijal by Car/Van
- Sleeping Bag, Down jacket , Duffel Bag ( return after the trip)
- Purified Drinking Water
- Farewell Dinner in KTM
- Trek Complete Certificate
- luggage storage facility
- Meals and Hotel whilst in Kathmandu
- Porter if needed
- Travel insurance.
- Nepal entry visa fee (visa upon arrival costs USD 40 for 30 days)
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, tips etc.
- Earn US$ 14+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, altitude sickness can be treated and the trekker may wish to continue. If not, the rest of the group can continue on if they want and the sick person can descend.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.