- Walking tour
- Museum and gallery visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek amongst the fairytale rocks of Cappadocia
- Discover the historic and cultural secrets of this region
- Visit the underground city of Kaymakli
Turkey has long been underrated as a trekking destination, but with the fairytale rock formations of Cappadocia to enchant its visitors it should not be overlooked. This unique landscape was formed by the eruptions of three volcanoes, Mount Erciyes, Mount Hasan and Mount Melendiz, which have created one of the most distinctive landscapes in the world. The great walking and staggering scenery of this region make for a highly memorable trip. *Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures.*Last updated: 28/08/2020 At Exodus we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up-to-date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday, and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in our Travel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">TravelSafety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below. *Entry requirements*There are */no known changes/* to entry requirements that may affect you joining this trip.For all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We therefore encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that is https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice In">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra... order to meet the new immigration requirements for Turkey you should note the following: * You must wear a face mask at all times whilst in an airport, and for the duration of all flights, to and from Turkey. * You will need to complete a passenger locator form prior to arriving in Turkey. Details will be provided by your airline. * All arrivals into Turkey will be subject to a medical evaluation for symptoms of coronavirus, including temperature checks. Any passengers showing symptoms including high fever, coughing or respiratory difficulties will be required to undergo a PCR swab test for coronavirus. * In the event that a test returns a positive result, you will be provided with medical treatment at a facility determined by the Ministry of Health or, if preferred, at a private medical facility in Turkey at your own expense. *Local COVID restrictions*Local regulations or guidelines in Turkey require visitors to: * Wear a non-medical face covering in all public indoor spaces, except for restaurants and cafés, and all public outdoor areas. * Wear a non-medical face covering during shared private transfers such as those you will take as part of your Exodus trip. * Maintain social distancing at a standard distance of 1.5 metres. Visitors should note that certain restrictions are in place for restaurants, shops and tourist attractions, such as limiting visitor numbers, mandatory use of face coverings, additional hand washing facilities and one-way systems.Accommodation and transport suppliers in Turkey are required by law to have a COVID-safe certificate in order to operate.Your leader will reconfirm the latest local government advice and requirements on arrival.
Day 1: Start Goreme.
Day 2: Trek through Akvadi (White Valley), visit Uchisar Citadel, highest point in
Day 3: Walk to Zemi valley and through Gomede Valley; afternoon explore Mustafpasa
Day 4: Explore the beautiful rock formations of the Pancarlik and Kizilcukur (Red)
Day 5: Walk through Pasabaglari (Monks) Valley; trek up Bozdag, the highest point in
the area offering stunning views.
Day 6: Visit the underground city of Kaymakli. Afternoon walk through the Ihlara
Valley, the deepest, longest canyon in Cappadocia.
Day 7: Walk along the Zindanonu Valley passing the Goreme open air museum with
carved caves and Byzantine frescoes.
Day 8: End Goreme.
- 7 nights comfortable 3-star hotel with en suite facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 6 days centre-based walking
- Altitude max 1150m, average 1000m
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Goreme are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Cappadocia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in Cappadocia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 135 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 27 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Walking in Cappadocia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Cappadocia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.