- Walking tour
- Museum and gallery visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek amongst the fairytale rocks of CappadociaDiscover the historic and cultural secrets of this regionVisit the underground city of Kaymakli
Turkey has long been underrated as a trekking destination, but with the fairytale rock formations of Cappadocia to enchant its visitors it should not be overlooked. This unique landscape was formed by the eruptions of three volcanoes, Mount Erciyes, Mount Hasan and Mount Melendiz, which have created one of the most distinctive landscapes in the world. The great walking and staggering scenery of this region make for a highly memorable trip.
Day 1: Start Goreme.
Day 2: Trek through Akvadi (White Valley), visit Uchisar Citadel, highest point in
Day 3: Walk to Zemi valley and through Gomede Valley; afternoon explore Mustafpasa
Day 4: Explore the beautiful rock formations of the Pancarlik and Kizilcukur (Red)
Day 5: Walk through Pasabaglari (Monks) Valley; trek up Bozdag, the highest point in
the area offering stunning views.
Day 6: Visit the underground city of Kaymakli. Afternoon walk through the Ihlara
Valley, the deepest, longest canyon in Cappadocia.
Day 7: Walk along the Zindanonu Valley passing the Goreme open air museum with
carved caves and Byzantine frescoes.
Day 8: End Goreme.
- 7 nights comfortable 3-star hotel with en suite facilities,All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- 6 days centre-based walking
- Altitude max 1150m, average 1000m
- Any international flights to/from Goreme are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Cappadocia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 54+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in Cappadocia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking in Cappadocia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Cappadocia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.