- Wine tasting tour
- duration 8.5 hours
- tour type Small group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 3+ years old
- max group size 8
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Leisurely journey through the breathtaking Franschhoek Winelands
- Travel in an openside tram and openair trambus
- Wine tasting and delectable cuisine in South Africa's Wine & Gourmet Capital
- Guided tour through Franschhoek village
Experience a unique and leisurely journey through rolling vineyards in an open-side tram and open-air tram-bus stopping in at some of South Africa's oldest and most distinguished wine estates in the renowned Franschhoek region, the wine and gourmet capital of South Africa. Franschhoek is home to a variety of cellars, from small boutique wineries to large cellars. You will have the chance to explore two wine farms with charming heritage and beautiful natural scenery and also enjoy two wine tastings. You can look forward to award-winning wines, such as plump reds, elegant whites and delicious sparkling wines, with the perfect accompaniment of excellent food (lunch for own account).
Your storytelling guide will also take you on a tour through Franschhoek village, sharing with you the fascinating history of the French Huguenots and the Huguenot Memorial Museum (museum visit for 2018 season only). You'll also learn about wine cultivation in the valley amidst unparalleled views of the valley and vineyards.
When the Huguenots first settled in the Franschhoek Valley more than 300 years ago, they brought with them their knowledge and traditions of wine-making and viticulture from their home country of France, transforming their Franschhoek surroundings into one of the most beautiful valleys around. This proud heritage is still evident today in the village and farms.
You will then visit Babylonstoren, a historic Cape Dutch farm dating back to 1692, boasting one of the best preserved farmyards in the Cape (Babylonstoren visit is for 2019 season only).
After your time in Franschhoek, you will be returned to the Mother City of Cape Town.
- Return transfers from Cape Town city centre
- Passage on the wine tram
- 2 wine tastings
- Entrance into Huguenot Memorial Museum (not available for 2019 season)
- Own purchases
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
If cancelled 7 days or more = 100% REFUND
if cancelled 1 - 7 days = 50% REFUND
If cancelled less than 24 hours before = Full cancellation fees will apply
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Awarded "Safe Travels" stamp