Family South Africa’s Garden Route and Safari
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- minimum participants 11
- age requirement 7-95 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-17208
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Spot elephant and search for leopard in Addo National Park
- Explore Cango Caves and discover the famous Garden Route
- Discover the Western Cape and take a cablecar up Table Mountain
From the top of Table Mountain to dramatic sea cliffs, beautiful sandy beaches and underground cavern, South Africa has it all. Experience the thrill of a safari, try river rafting, caving and whale watching as we explore the best of South Africa's famous Garden Route.
Addo Elephant National Park - Search for elephant, lion and leopard on a safari game drive
Cape Town - Have a guided tour around Robbin Island and District six museum, ascend to the top of the iconic Table Mountain and see African penguins in Stony Point
Garden Route - Tsitsikamma National Park, a beautiful marine and forest park along the famous Garden Route and sea kayaking in Plettenberg Bay
Wildlife - Seals in Hout Bay, Ostriches in Oudtshoorn and a safari park at the end of the trip, not to forget Whales off Hermanus between June and November
Day 1 : Join trip in Cape Town. Scale Table Mountain
Day 2 : Catch the ferry to Robben Island. Free afternoon
Day 3 : Cape Town. Hout Bay boat trip and Cape Point. Visit a skateboard park.
Day 4 : District Six Museum, Stony Point penguin colony and whale watching in Hermanus. Drive to Breede River
Day 5 : Rafting along the Breede River
Day 6 : Visit Oudtshoorn, the ostrich capital of South Africa and explore the deep caverns of the Cango Caves
Day 7 : Drive the Garden Route from Knysna to Plettenberg Bay. Sea kayaking along the coast at Central Beach
Day 8 : Free time around Plettenberg Bay and beach
Day 9 : Discover Robberg Nature Reserve. Treehouse accommodation in the tree canopy
Day 10 : Morning walk and snorkelling in Tsitsikamma Marine Park
Day 11 : Addo Elephant National Park
Day 12 : Tour ends in Port Elizabeth
- 11 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 3 Dinners
- Noordhoek Village Hotel (3 nights)
- Round the Bend Lodge (2 nights)
- De Poort Country Lodge (1 night)
- The Dunes Resort (2 nights)
- Teniqua Treetops (1 night)
- Tsitsikamma Coastal Cottages (1 night)
- Addo Elephant Forest Cabins (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Port Elizabeth are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family South Africa’s Garden Route and Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Save US$ 127 today.
- Earn US$ 84+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family South Africa’s Garden Route and Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 June 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 June 2023, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family South Africa’s Garden Route and Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family South Africa’s Garden Route and Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.