- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Addo Elephant National Park Search for elephant, lion and leopard on a game drive.
- Teniqua Treetops Stay in a unique ecotented tree house; sleep, eat and shower up in the canopy of the forest all surrounded by birdsong and butterflies.
- Table Mountain Take a walk to the top of the iconic Table Mountain and see the city and landscape from the top.
- Cape Town Have a guided tour around a museum describing life under apartheid from an exresident
From the top of Table Mountain to dramatic sea cliffs, beautiful sandy beaches and underground cavern, South Africa has it all. Experience the thrill of a safari, try river rafting, caving and whale watching as we explore the best of South Africa's famous Garden Route. Addo Elephant National Park - Search for elephant, lion and leopard on a safari game drive Cape Town - Have a guided tour around Robbin Island and District six museum, ascend to the top of the iconic Table Mountain and see African penguins in Stony Point Garden Route - Tsitsikamma National Park, a beautiful marine and forest park along the famous Garden Route and sea kayaking in Plettenberg Bay Wildlife - Seals in Hout Bay, Ostriches in Oudtshoorn and a safari park at the end of the trip, not to forget Whales off Hermanus between June and November
Day 1 : Join trip in Cape Town. Scale Table Mountain
Day 2 : Catch the ferry to Robben Island. Free afternoon
Day 3 : Cape Town. Hout Bay boat trip and Cape Point. Visit a skateboard park.
Day 4 : District Six Museum, Stony Point penguin colony and whale watching in Hermanus. Drive to Breede River
Day 5 : Rafting along the Breede River
Day 6 : Visit Oudtshoorn, the ostrich capital of South Africa and explore the deep caverns of the Cango Caves
Day 7 : Drive the Garden Route from Knysna to Plettenberg Bay. Sea kayaking along the coast at Central Beach
Day 8 : Free time around Plettenberg Bay and beach
Day 9 : Discover Robberg Nature Reserve. Treehouse accommodation in the tree canopy
Day 10 : Morning walk and snorkelling in Tsitsikamma Marine Park
Day 11 : Addo Elephant National Park
Day 12 : Tour ends in Port Elizabeth
- 11 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 3 Dinners
- Noordhoek Village Hotel (3 nights)
- Up the Creek Camp (2 nights)
- De Poort Guesthouse (1 night)
- The Dunes Resort (2 nights)
- Teniqua Treetops (1 night)
- Tsitsikamma Coastal Cottages (1 night)
- Addo Elephant Forest Cabins (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Port Elizabeth are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family South Africa’s Garden Route and Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 121 today.
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family South Africa’s Garden Route and Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family South Africa’s Garden Route and Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family South Africa’s Garden Route and Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.