- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Sample the famous Hungarian 'bulls blood' in Eger, the wine that supposedly gave the Hungarian army supernatural strength during their battle against the Ottoman Empire
- Experience peasant life on a fullday tour through the countryside of Maramures, Romania's most traditional and colourful region. Don't be surprised if you see horsedrawn carts along the road
- Learn spooky stories while travelling through beautiful Transylvania, famous for its medieval fortified churches and as the birthplace of the inspiration for the world's most famous vampire, Dracula
- A homestay with a local family in the Saxon/Roma town of Viscri will expose you to Romanian hospitality and some fingerlicking homecooked grub
From the beautiful Baroque churches of Budapest to the haunted castles of Transylvania, this ten-day journey across Hungary and Romania provides a fascinating insight into an intriguing region. Learn about the failed Turkish invasion of Eger and take a wine cellar tour in the Valley of the Beautiful Women. Become acquainted with traditional Romanian culture and customs in Maramures. Tour the medieval churches of Brasov, dine with a local family on an overnight homestay in Viscri and visit Bucharest's 12-storey Palace of Parliament. This jam-packed journey makes for a perfect introduction to two Eastern European treasures.
Debrecen / Maramures
- Hotel (5 nights), Pension (3 night), Homestay (1 night)
- 9 Breakfasts, 3 Dinners
- Train , Public bus , Private vehicle , Metro , Tram , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Eger - Wine Tasting
- Maramures - Day Tour with Local Guide
- Maramures - Sapanta Merry Cemetery
- Maramures - Barsana Monastery
- Viscri - Fortified Church
- Viscri - Sock Project
- Viscri - Local Home Cooked Dinner
- Bucharest - Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Any international flights to Budapest and from Bucharest are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Budapest to Bucharest tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 62+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Budapest to Bucharest tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Budapest to Bucharest tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Budapest to Bucharest tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Summer temperatures in Hungary and Romania can reach up to 40°C, which can be uncomfortable for those not used to the heat. Please consider the time of year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season. If travelling in summer, drink lots of water and remember to protect yourself from the sun. Bring layers to combat the heat, as well as sun block, shades and a hat.
- Single travellers will be sharing accommodation with another traveller of the same sex. If you'd prefer a single room, a supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details. Hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together/apart. Please also note that some accommodation on this trip offer shared bathrooms rather than en-suite facilities.
- If you have more time to explore the region you can extend your trip by starting your travels in Vienna, taking in the best of Central Europe before heading to Romania. Check out our trip 'Journey through Central Europe & Romania' (trip code AMSCC). Alternatively you could head further south into Bulgaria with our 'Eastern Europe Explorer (trip code WMSEC). Most departure dates are designed to create these perfect combination trips.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description