- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 24
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-21998
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- St Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- St Moritz: Travel along the route of the world-famous Glacier Express, through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts, in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps, on a regional train fully powered by hydroelectricity.
- Grindelwald: Explore this famous glacier village with your Travel Director. Embedded in a unique Alpine landscape at the foot of the Eiger north face, Grindelwald is one of Switzerland’s most beautiful Alpine towns.
- Montreux: At the foot of the Alps this town boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva, join your Travel Director for an orientation before there is free time to explore.
- Geneva: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the Jet d'Eau and Floral Clock.
- Show more
Experience the magic of Switzerland at Christmas, journeying from Lucerne to Grindelwald, and on to Geneva. Start your Swiss adventure in Lucerne, a stunning 14th century fortress city sitting on a lakeshore and surrounded by snowcapped forests. Voyage through the frosted peaks and frozen waterfalls of the Grison Alps to the Alpine ski resort of St Moritz—a retreat frequented by royalty and James Bond in the Spy Who Loved Me. Board the Glacier Express to Andermatt and adventure through the heart of the Swiss Alps in the Albula Pass tunnel, before crossing the skyscraping Landwasser Viaduct and descending through the Rhône Valley. In the Swiss capital, enjoy a sumptuous Geneva fondue dinner at Le Petit Chalet.
Day 1: Zrich and Lovely Lucerne
Day 2: Lucerne and St. Moritz Relaxed Start
Day 3: St. Moritz at Leisure Relaxed Start
Day 4: Aboard the Glacier Express
Day 5: Grindelwald at Leisure Relaxed Start
Day 6: Chillon Castle and Geneva
Day 7: Depart Geneva
- Lucerne: Join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for your Welcome Dinner served with wine.
- Geneva: You will be delighted with a delicious fondue dinner at local restaurant, a real Swiss treat.
- Lake Geneva: Visit Chillon Castle with the Head of Collections to discover the artefacts, treasures and history of the chateau.
- 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- 6 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- Hotel Astoria, Lucerne. hotel
- Hotel Laudinella, St Moritz. hotel
- Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Grindelwald. hotel
- Warwick Geneva. hotel
- Travel by coach
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Geneva: Visit the fascinating Red Cross Museum. Learn how this world-renowned organization provides assistance to refugees, migrants and asylum seekers and, with your visit, support their vital work.
- Any international flights to Zurich and from Geneva are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Magical Switzerland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 100+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Magical Switzerland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 July 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 July 2023, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Magical Switzerland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Magical Switzerland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
Can you provide more information on the accommodations for this tour?
The tour uses the following accommodations:
- Hotel Astoria, Lucerne. This contemporary hotel is located in the middle of all Lucerne has to offer, with magnificent mountains and an astonishing culture.
- Hotel Laudinella, St. Moritz. This traditional hotel is in a quiet location in St. Moritz-Bad, the spa quarter, and offers superb views of the surrounding mountains.
- Hotel Alex, Naters Brig. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains, this contemporary hotel offers guests a comfortable alpine stay.
- Warwick Geneva, Geneva. The traditional Warwick Geneva is centrally located and features stylish and elegant interiors.
Regarding room type selection, there 4 accommodation options available for 2 travelers on this tour. These include twin sharing bed, twin single beds, and single rooms. You can select the type of accommodation in the second step of the booking process.
What is the best month to travel to Switzerland?
April and May as well as September and October are the best months to visit Switzerland. These months are just outside the peak seasons, but the weather is still pleasant and mild.
- What is the best way to tour Switzerland?
How many do I need in Switzerland?
We recommend spending 7 days in Switzerland. The country is fairly small and you can still see and do a lot if you only have a few days. If you want to do lengthier hikes you will want to spend upwards of 10 days in Switzerland. Check out our guide on how many days to spend in Switzerland for more information.