- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 40
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-21225
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Geneva: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the Jet d'Eau and Floral Clock.
- Montreux: At the foot of the Alps this town boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva, join your Travel Director for an orientation before there is free time to explore.
- Zermatt: Ride the shuttle trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway up to the traffic-free Alpine resort. Should weather permit, you may even see the majestic peak of the Matterhorn.
- Zermatt: Your Travel Director will lead you on an orientation of this picturesque village, high in the mountains.
- Baveno: During your orientation with your Travel Director see the cobbled streets and 16th century square.
- St Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- Glacier Express: Travel along the route of the world-famous Glacier Express, through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts, in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps, on a regional train fully powered by hydroelectricity.
- Vaduz: Admire the Royal family's residence, Vaduz Castle, which overlooks the capital and is surrounded by year-round snow peaked mountains.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Stanserhorn: Journey to the top of Mount Stanserhorn on a panoramic, open-top cable car powered by solar energy, and enjoy spectacular views from the summit.
- Show more
Take a once in a lifetime trip across Switzerland, dipping fresh fruit in Swiss chocolate fondue in Geneva, breathing in the Alpine air of Zermatt and relaxing in luxury—at lakeside Lucerne. In the shadow of the mighty Mount Matterhorn, the car free ski resort of Zermatt is a wonder to behold, bettered only by the chic fashionista surrounds of St. Moritz in the Grison Alps. In Lucerne, explore nearby Stanserhorn with the Insight Choice between meeting a Swiss Ranger to learn about the local flora and fauna, or take a stroll through the magnificent surrounds of Marmott Park. A Celebration Dinner in Lucerne at the foot of Mount Stanserhorn offers glorious views over Lake Lucerne from restaurant Seeblick and draws the sojourn across Switzerland to a close.
Day 1: Geneva, City of Gardens
Day 2: Montreux, Chillon and the Matterhorn Village of Zermatt
Day 3: Free Time in Zermatt Relaxed Start
Day 4: Elegant Baveno Relaxed Start
Day 5: Grison Alps to Chic St. Moritz
Day 6: Scenic Train Ride, Liechtenstein and Lucerne
Day 7: The Summit of Mount Stanserhorn Relaxed Start
Day 8: Leave Lucerne for Zrich
- Dinner with Wine (x4)
- Breakfast (x7)
- 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- 7 Breakfast (B)
- Hotel d'Angleterre, Geneva. hotel
- Resort Hotel Alex, Zermatt., Walliserhof Grand-Hotel & Spa hotel
- Hotel Simplon, Baveno. hotel
- Crystal Hotel, St Moritz., Hotel Steffani, St Moritz. hotel
- Hotel Astoria, Lucerne. hotel
- Travel by coach
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Any international flights to Geneva and from Zurich are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Glorious Switzerland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 132+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Glorious Switzerland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 December 2023, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Glorious Switzerland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Glorious Switzerland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
- What is the best month to travel to Switzerland?
- What is the best way to tour Switzerland?
How many do I need in Switzerland?
We recommend spending 7 days in Switzerland. The country is fairly small and you can still see and do a lot if you only have a few days. If you want to do lengthier hikes you will want to spend upwards of 10 days in Switzerland. Check out our guide on how many days to spend in Switzerland for more information.
What are the best places to visit in Switzerland?
Switzerland has several prime locations to visit. Nature lovers must see the Matterhorn and Jungfraujoch, while the cities of Zurich and Geneva are a must for culture vultures. The town of Lucerne on the shore of Lake Lucerne is a storybook destination and a Swiss classic. There are also several magnificent lakes and quaint towns and villages that you can explore.