- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 40
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-21200
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
See Switzerland in all its natural splendor during this 2-week guided tour that whisks you from snow-capped mountain peaks to floral valleys. Outside Lucerne, complete with wooden bridges and baroque churches, zip to the top of Mount Stanserhorn, a pinnacle so tall you can see France and Germany. Take in beautiful Bern and its Catherdrals with a Local Expert followed by a stop in Gruyères. Glide along the Glacier Express, a glass-topped train that will carry you through the Oberalp Valley and to Grindelwald, an idyllic alpine village set to the backdrop of winding rivers and towering waterfalls. In St. Moritz, a mountain railways pass will allow you to traverse the alpine village’s cable cars, funiculars and chairlifts. Then taste the freshest cuisine in Switzerland during an intimate farm-to-table dinner experience, including cheese.
Day 1: Welcome to Lucerne
Day 2: Ascend the summit of Mount Stanserhorn
Day 3: Bern, Gruyres and Montreux
Day 4: Lake Geneva and the Swiss Countryside
Day 5: Geneva and Scenic Lake Cruise Relaxed Start
Day 6: Martigny, Sion and Zermatt Relaxed Start
Day 7: Zermatt at Leisure Relaxed Start
Day 8: The Italian Lake District to Baveno
Day 9: The Glamour and Glitz of St. Moritz
Day 10: Leisure Time in St. Moritz Relaxed Start
Day 11: The Glacier Express
Day 12: Grindelwald at Leisure Relaxed Start
Day 13: Rural Switzerland to Zrich
Day 14: Depart Zrich
- Dinner with Wine (x5)
- Breakfast (x13)
- Hotel Astoria, Lucerne. hotel
- Grand Hôtel Suisse-Majestic, Montreux. hotel
- Resort Hotel Alex, Zermatt. hotel
- Hotel Simplon, Baveno. hotel
- Crystal Hotel, St Moritz., Hotel Steffani, St Moritz. hotel
- Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Grindelwald. hotel
- Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel. , Opera Hotel hotel
- Travel by coach
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Any international flights to/from Zurich are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Country Roads of Switzerland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 228+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Country Roads of Switzerland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 December 2023, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Country Roads of Switzerland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Country Roads of Switzerland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
- What is the best month to travel to Switzerland?
- What is the best way to tour Switzerland?
How many do I need in Switzerland?
We recommend spending 7 days in Switzerland. The country is fairly small and you can still see and do a lot if you only have a few days. If you want to do lengthier hikes you will want to spend upwards of 10 days in Switzerland. Check out our guide on how many days to spend in Switzerland for more information.
What are the best places to visit in Switzerland?
Switzerland has several prime locations to visit. Nature lovers must see the Matterhorn and Jungfraujoch, while the cities of Zurich and Geneva are a must for culture vultures. The town of Lucerne on the shore of Lake Lucerne is a storybook destination and a Swiss classic. There are also several magnificent lakes and quaint towns and villages that you can explore.