- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-18121
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- This is THE trip to take in Japan – a cultural and culinary whirlwind from the streets of Tokyo to the eats of Osaka.
- Explore the many sides of Shibuya in Tokyo, from busy intersections to rooftop city views and from the tranquillity of the ancient Meiji Shrine to quirky Harajuku.
- Settle into rural Japanese life at a local farmstay, where you might help harvest tea and prepare a home-cooked, farm-to-table feast and hike a quiet country trail passing through tea plantations and featuring the unmissable view of Mt. Fuji along the way.
- Ride the rails like the locals, from lightening-fast bullet trains to scenic mountain rails offering seasonal views of cherry blossoms and autumn leaves.
- Immerse yourself in the history and tradition of Kyoto among shrines, geishas and a 300-year-old sake brewery, and follow it up with the mouth-watering street food in Osaka.
Home of the sumo, the geisha, sake, karaoke, onsen and izakaya – Japan is a true feast for all of your senses. This 8-day journey hits all the right spots giving you a true appreciation for the land of the rising sun. Absorb the bustle of Tokyo before heading into the countryside for a farmstay with local tea harvesters and a quiet hike featuring spectacular views of Mt Fuji. Travel on a futuristic bullet train to Kyoto and step into history before wrapping up your adventure in the foodie paradise of Osaka.
Day 1: Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo
Day 3: Kawane Farm Stay
Day 4: Shizuoka/Shimizu
Day 5: Kyoto
Day 6: Kyoto
Day 7: Osaka
Day 8: Osaka
- Hotel (6 nights), Farm Stay (1 night)
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Dinners
- Public Bus , Metro , Local Train , Bullet Train
- An expert tour leader
- Tokyo - welcome meeting and orientation walk
- Tokyo - Sensoji Temple
- Tokyo - Meiji Jingu Shrine
- Tokyo - Shibuya walking tour
- Tokyo - Shibuya Sky Observation Platform
- Kawane - Farm Stay & Home-cooked Dinner
- Kawane - Tea Farm Visit & Tea Brewing & Tasting
- Kawane - Scenic Train Ride
- Kawane - Home-cooked Japanese Breakfast
- Shizuoka - Tokai Nature Trail Soft Hike
- Shizuoka - Nihondaira Yume Terrace (Mt. Fuji viewing platform)
- Kyoto - Gion District walk
- Kyoto - Nishiki-Koji Market
- Shizuoka - Shimizu Fish Market & Brunch
- Kyoto - Fushimi Inari-Taisha
- Kyoto - Sake Brewry Visit & Tasting
- Osaka - Dotombori and Kuromon Street Food Walking Tour
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Osaka are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Japan Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 120+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Japan Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Japan Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Japan Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- Japan is best to explore on foot – in fact most travellers are surprised at how much distance they end up covering just exploring places when walking! Make sure your shoes are comfy and you are fit enough to spend most of each day on your feet.
- Be prepared to pack light and smart for this trip as you'll be required to carry your own luggage between train stations and to hotels, which can include going up and down multiple flights of stairs in crowded areas.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.