- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Cycling in the Southern Dalmatian islands with dramatic scenery
- Exploring the small towns and villages en route
- Wandering through the alleyways of the UNESCO listed cities of Dubrovnik and Split
- The island of Mljet with its impressive national park
Cruise and cycle to explore Dubrovnik and the magical islands of southern Dalmatia in style. George Bernard Shaw said 'those who seek paradise on Earth should come to Dubrovnik', also describing it as 'the pearl of the Adriatic'. With its impressive old town and dominating position on the Adriatic coast, the city is visually stunning and deserving of both Shaw's remarks and its UNESCO World Heritage status. Based on a deluxe boat, the trip begins in either Dubrovnik or Split on alternative weeks through the season. In Dubrovnik there is time set aside to explore the narrow streets and lively town. Extending westerly into the Mediterranean, the islands of southern Dalmatia are best explored by bike. Highlights include visiting the islands of Korcula and Mljet., swimming in secluded coves, discovering the UNESCO listed historic centre of Split and pedalling past small villages amongst lavendar fields in Hvar. Based on a deluxe motor yacht, you will be served good food in the company of your fellow cyclists and experienced crew, with ample space on board to relax and absorb the views after the cycling day.
Day 1 : Arrival and guided tour of Split, overnight in Split
Day 2 : Cruise to Brac Island, cycle from Pucišca to Bol, by boat to Jelsa on Hvar (23km/14mi)
Day 3 : Cycle from Jelsa to Hvar via Stari Grad, cruise to Vela Luka on Korcula (35km/22mi)
Day 4 : Cycle from Vela Luka to Korcula town (60km/37.5mi)
Day 5 : Loop cycle on Lastovo Island (28km/17.5mi)
Day 6 : Cycle on Mljet Island (28km/17.5mi)
Day 7 : Short cycle on Šipan Island, cruise to Dubrovnik (11km/7mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes in Dubrovnik
- 7 nights accommodation in a double cabin below deck with ensuite facilities on board a deluxe boat (supplement applies for above deck or single cabin). If you are travelling by yourself you will be matched with another passenger. The compact cabins are configured with double beds, two lower beds, a double bed with a single bunk, or bunk beds and a single bed. Excellent discounts apply to a third person sharing a triple cabin, with a configuration of a French bed (quite cosy for two people as it is a little smaller than a double) and a single bunk bed above, or two lower beds + single bunk bed. Note that the lower deck cabins by their very nature will be marginally noisier and less ventilated due to their proximity to the engine and working part of the boat.
- 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 7 dinners (does not include drinks)* The cook on board is a member of the crew. The meals begin with dinner on day 1 and ends with breakfast on day 8. *Note that the included lunches and dinners are not clearly labelled on the daily itinerary as they depend on sailing conditions on the day and from time to time we may substitute one of the lunches for a dinner or vice versa, your tour guide will inform you locally when these will be included.
- 21 speed hybrid bike rental with pannier (electric bikes available on request - supplement applies). The guides will carry bike locks for the group when cycling, or individual locks can be provided on request if you decide to bike alone (limited supply).
- Experienced crew including English speaking cycle guide
- Bed linen and towels
- Information pack including overview maps per cabin
- City tour in Dubrovnik, Korcula and Split
- Travel to and from Dubrovnik (Gruz) / Split
- Upgrade to a cabin on deck or single cabin - supplements apply
- Drinks on board and meals not included
- Items of a personal nature
- Water flat rate, visitors tax and local charges EUR50pp (adult) and EUR25pp (child up to 16) to be paid to the captain
- Tips for crew and tour guides (see pre departure information provided on booking)
- Any additional taxi or bus transfers taken during the trip
- Travel insurance - mandatory *cruise cover may be required - check with your insurer
- Entrance fees
- Helmets - mandatory on all bike tours, you are encouraged to bring your own well-fitted helmet. A limited number of rental helmets are available on board (reservation essential), however we cannot guarantee their suitability.
- Optional Bicyle insurance - payable in cash locally. EUR10 per person for hybrid bike, EUR20 per person for electric bike. Please note that normal travel insurance often does not cover loss or damage to rental bikes. If you do not take out bike insurance you will need to pay for the cost of the bike or repair of damages.
- Taxi transfer from the airport or your hotel to the boat (allow approx EUR40) - or reservation on request for an additional cost on embarkation and disembarkation days only, please ask our office for details
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Dalmatian Coast and Dubrovnik Bike and Sail - Deluxe tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Dalmatian Coast and Dubrovnik Bike and Sail - Deluxe tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Dalmatian Coast and Dubrovnik Bike and Sail - Deluxe tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.