- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Unrivalled wildlife viewing — Howler monkeys, caiman and sloths
- Visit the beaches and waterways of Tortuguero, an important nesting site for Green turtles
- Verdant rainforest, lush mangroves, lava fields and serene cloud forests
- Wonderful naturalist guides who will share their love of Costa Rica with you!
Costa Rica is renowned for having proportionately more protected land than any other country, making it ripe for wildlife tourism. What is less known is the marvellous, often bizarre variety of animals from catatonic sloths, screaming Howler monkeys, screeching toucans and nesting Green turtles. Throw in the Caribbean and Pacific coastlines and it is easy to see why so many return.
Day 1: Start San Jose.
Day 2: To Tortuguero N.P.
Day 3: Boat tour around Tortuguero waterways.
Day 4: To La Fortuna, near Arenal Volcano.
Day 5: La Fortuna Waterfall hike; visit Arenal Volcano.
Day 6: To Monteverde in the Tilaran Mountains.
Day 7: Visit Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve.
Day 8: To Manuel Antonio.
Day 9: Discover Manuel Antonio N.P.
Day 10: To Esquinas Lodge in Piedras Blancas N.P.
Day 11: Hike on trails in Piedras Blancas N.P.
Day 12: To Savegre Cloud Forest.
Day 13: Free day to discover walking trails in Savegre.
Day 14: Visit the village of Copey; to San Jose.
Day 15: End San Jose.
- 14 nights in comfortable hotels and eco-lodges , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 8 lunches, 6 dinners
- Travel by air-conditioned bus and boat
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Some departures with specialist birdwatching guide
- Green turtle nesting season: July to October
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Costa Rica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 131+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 January 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.