- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-7985
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Unrivalled wildlife viewing: howler monkeys, caiman and sloths
- Visit the beaches and waterways of Tortuguero, an important nesting site for green turtles
- Verdant rainforest, lush mangroves, lava fields and serene cloud forests
- Wonderful naturalist guides who will share their love of Costa Rica with you
- Relax on idyllic Pacific coast beaches
- Stay in comfortable ecofriendly lodges and hotels
- Citizen Science departures available on this trip
- Show more
Costa Rica is renowned for having proportionately more protected land than any other country, making it ripe for wildlife tourism. What is less known is the marvellous, often bizarre, variety of animals from catatonic sloths, screaming howler monkeys, screeching toucans and nesting green turtles. Throw in the Caribbean and Pacific coastlines and it is easy to see why so many return.
This trip includes a few of our Citizen Science Departures. These special departures offer you the opportunity to be involved in the collection of freshwater samples during the trip. The environmental DNA information derived from this sample will contribute directly to the e
Atlas; the world’s largest repository of flora and fauna species data, contributing to the conservation and restoration of biodiversity both locally and globally. To book onto one of these special departures, see the Dates & Prices tab. For more information on these departures and the e
Atlas, click here.
Day 1: Start San José
Day 2: To Tortuguero National Park
Day 3: Boat tour around Tortuguero waterways
Day 4: To La Fortuna, near Arenal Volcano
Day 5: La Fortuna Waterfall hike; visit Arenal Volcano
Day 6: To Monteverde in the Tilaran Mountains
Day 7: Visit Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve
Day 8: To Manuel Antonio
Day 9: Discover Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 10: To Esquinas Lodge in Piedras Blancas
Day 11: Hike on trails in Esquinas Rainforest Nature Reserve
Day 12: To Savegre Cloud Forest
Day 13: Free day to discover walking trails in Savegre
Day 14: Visit the village of Copey; to San José
Day 15: End San José
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, eight lunches, six dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 163+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 June 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 June 2024, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. World Nomads offers travel insurance for independent travelers and intrepid families.Visa
For this Discover Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.