- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-40649
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Walk to spectacular waterfalls and along a massive glacier.
- Hike up a volcano and soak in a natural hot pool.
- Trek through the stunning Múlagljúfur Canyon.
- Travel along black sand beaches and wild fjords.
Iceland may appear small on the map, but in person its enormous and cinematic landscapes barely feel like Earth at all. Get outdoors and into the action on this six-day active adventure through some of the most epic scenery in the entire country. Hike to the bases of pounding waterfalls, breathtaking in their strength. Travel through landscapes filled with towering peaks, massive glaciers, sprawling icefields, black sand beaches, and wild fjords. Set off on some of the best hikes in the region through spots like Múlagljúfur Canyon, the Skaftafell Glacier, Mt. Laki, and Brennisteinsalda volcano where you can bathe in a natural hot pool. Start and finish the trip in weirdly wonderful Reykjavík and discover how the people lucky enough to call this place home live full-time.
Day 1: Reykjavik/Vik
Day 2: Vik/Hof
Day 3: Hof/Kirkjubaejarklaustur
Day 4: Kirkjubaejarklaustur
Day 5: Kirkjubaejarklaustur/Reykjavik
Day 6: Reykjavik
- Hotels (5 nts).
6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD160-210 for meals not included.
- Private minivan/bus, hiking, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Moment - Meet Your CEO and Group. Seljalandsfoss waterfall visit. Hike to Skógafoss waterfall. Hike along Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon. Skaftafell nature reserve visit. Múlagljúfur Canyon hike. Glacier explorer activity with ice climbing. Fjaðrárgljúfur Canyon hike. Mt Laki hike. Stop at Systrafoss, Systrastapi, and Kirkjugólf waterfalls. Vatnajökull National Park visit with hikes to waterfalls and up volcanos. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Moment - Meet Your CEO and Group
- Seljalandsfoss waterfall visit
- Hike to Skógafoss waterfall
- Hike along Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon
- Skaftafell nature reserve visit
- Múlagljúfur Canyon hike
- Glacier explorer activity with ice climbing
- Fjaðrárgljúfur Canyon hike
- Mt Laki hike
- Stop at Systrafoss, Systrastapi, and Kirkjugólf waterfalls
- Vatnajökull National Park visit with hikes to waterfalls and up volcanos
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Hiking Southern Iceland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 89+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hiking Southern Iceland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hiking Southern Iceland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hiking Southern Iceland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.