- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience varied scenery from the Sahara Desert to the High Atlas Mountains
- Journey into the desert Bedouin style, by camel
- Visit Tighza and experience a traditional hammam
- Walk in the magnificent High Atlas Mountains
The grandeur of the Sahara Desert is truly experienced on this trip as we journey from Marrakech across the High Atlas Mountains to the palm groves of the Draa Valley and the gateway to the desert at Zagora. En route we’ll enjoy the UNESCO listed 16th-century kasbah of Ait Benhaddou, before continuing for a camel trek and a night under a thousand stars on the edge of the worlds largest desert, the Sahara. On our way back to the city, we’ll stop in the remote village of Tighza and enjoy a peaceful walk and authentic hamman. Finally there is some free time to enjoy the sights and smells of Marrakech one of the great cities of the Arabic world.
Day 1: Start Marrakech.
Day 2: Across the High Atlas to Ait Benhaddou.
Day 3: Through the Draa valley; camel ride through the desert to our Berber camp
Day 4: Camel ride; short drive to Zagora and free time by the pool, optional
Day 5: Into the High Atlas Mountains; walk to remote village of Tijhza and visit the
Day 6: Morning walk; afternoon transfer to Marrakech through magnificent mountain
Day 7: Explore Marrakech: Djemaa el Fna Square, beautiful gardens, palaces and
Day 8: End Marrakech.
- 5 nights hotels, 1 night gite and 1 night Sahara camp with shared facilities
- All breakfasts and 3 dinners
- 8 days land only / flight inclusive
- Transfers for group flights
- Travel by private mini or midibus and camel
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs.
- All Accommodation
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Marrakech & the Sahara tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Marrakech & the Sahara tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Marrakech & the Sahara tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Marrakech & the Sahara tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.