- Experience the peace and tranquillity of canoeing on the Zambezi
- Camp under the stars on secluded islands
- Game drives in Chiawa Game Management Area, renowned for elephant sightings
- Game walks and canoeing in the Lower Zambezi National Park
Encounter the spectacular wildlife and incredible scenery of Zambia in as intimate and active way as possible. The mighty Zambezi is an excellent location for a canoe safari. Camping on secluded beaches, the days are spent relishing magnificent scenery and abundant game, while passing the ever-present basking crocodiles and hippos. Away from the water, we have plenty of time for game walks and drives to experience the diverse wildlife and remarkable scenery this region offers.
This trip includes a few of our Citizen Science Departures. These special departures offer you the opportunity to be involved in the collection of freshwater samples during the trip. The environmental DNA information derived from this sample contributes directly to the e
Atlas, the world’s largest repository of flora and fauna species data, contributing to the conservation and restoration of biodiversity both locally and globally. To book onto one of these special departures, see the Dates & Prices tab. For more information on these departures and the e
Atlas, click here.
Day 1: Start Lusaka; transfer to the Zambezi River
Day 2 - 4: Three days of canoeing and wildlife watching on the Zambezi River, camping on remote islands
Day 5: Morning canoeing; afternoon game walk and drive in Chiawa Game Management Area
Day 6: Canoe to Lower Zambezi National Park; morning game walk; afternoon game drive back to camp
Day 7: Transfer to our riverside camp
Day 8: Transfer to Lusaka; end
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, seven lunches and seven dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation
- Visas or vaccinations
- Save US$ 130 today.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Zambezi Canoe Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 December 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Zambezi Canoe Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Zambezi Canoe Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.