- National parks
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3569
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- You’ll explore the rolling green Carmeron highlands, blanketed by tea plantations and strawberry fields, and then trek through the mystical Mossy Forest to learn more about the unique plants living beneath the sea of moss
- Stay in a special eco lodge on the edge of the jungle that’s fighting for the preservation of Ulu Muda Forest with research and awareness, low footprint practices and ecotourism principles.
- Take not one but two river cruises deep in the Ulu Muda Forest to double your chances of spotting roaming wildlife like elephants as your guide tells you about the native plants and wildlife that call this lush rainforest haven home.
- Really slip into the local way of life, staying with a family on a homestay that gives real insight into village culture – play traditional games, learn fishing techniques and tuck into a home-cooked dinner.
- Wander the historic mural-lined streets of Georgetown, the vibrant cultural hub of Penang, and marvel at contemporary art galleries and boutiques, traditional temples and churches.
From bustling cityscapes to the blissful countryside to the lush tropical rainforest, this trip showcases the diverse beauty of Malaysia. Across eight days, you’ll learn the local way of life as you journey from the Cameron Highlands to Ulu Muda Forest and on to a local homestay in Penang. You’ll play traditional games with the locals, tuck into a home-cooked dinner and mingle amongst the street stalls. From trekking through the jungle to spotting elephants from a cruise through the wilderness to learning about local fishing traditions – this trip offers culture, nature and wildlife delights.
Day 1: Kuala Lumpur
Day 2: Cameron Highlands
Day 3: Butterworth
Day 4: Ulu Muda Forest
Day 5: Ulu Muda Forest
Day 6: Teluk Bahang
Day 7: George Town
Day 8: George Town
- Hotel (4 nights), Eco Jungle Lodge ( 2 nights), Home Stay (1 night)
- 7 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private Vehicle , Public Bus , Metro , Ferry , Boat
- An expert tour leader
- Cameron Highlands - hike in mossy forest area
- Cameron Highlands - Tea plantation visit
- Ulu Muda - River Cruise
- Ulu Muda - Bukit Labu hike & cave visit
- Ulu Muda - Hot Spring Saltlick
- Teluk Bahang - traditional games
- Teluk Bahang - Home cooking demonstration & dinner
- Teluk Bahang - Fishing village walking tour
- Teluk Bahang - Silat (martial art) Performance
- Teluk Bahang - Local market visit
- Teluk Bahang - Batik factory visit
- George Town - Heritage walking tour
- Any international flights to Kuala Lumpur and from George Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Malaysia Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Malaysia Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Malaysia Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Malaysia Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- You will need to be able to carry your own luggage throughout the trip, including some short walks between our transport and accommodation as well as on and off public transport including public buses, trains and ferries. Packing light will improve your experience, especially on hot, humid days.
- There are some long days of travel by public transport, but don't worry, public buses in Malaysia are spacious and comfortable. Stock up on snacks and drinks for the journeys and sit back and watch the scenery stream by.
- The accommodation at our homestay is simple, but our overnight stay with village families is a highlight of the trip for most travellers. Bathroom facilities are shared with other travellers and host family, and some may only have cold water showers. Most houses have fan cooling systems rather than air conditioning.
- The climate in Malaysia is generally hot and humid, so be prepared for some steamy days no matter what time of year you visit. It tends to be wetter and more humid from May to October, but the temperature remains fairly constant throughout the year.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.