- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 8-70 yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Fully guided
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Tour Code BM-39337
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English, German
- Enjoy a scenic small plane flight to Lukla from Kathmandu
- Fly over Everest Base Camp, Kala Patthar & Khumbu region in a helicopter
- Explore the world heritage sites of Kathmandu
- Trek to Namche Bazar from Lukla
From Namche, hike to Thame, the early childhood home of Tenzing Norgay, one of the first people to successfully summit Mount Everest. Enjoy the serenity around Thame Monastery before heading back to Namche Bazaar. Next, board your chopper and fly over the Everest region, soaking up views of towering peaks, thundering rivers, and scenic hills. See Mount Everest, Everest Base Camp, and other highlights while in the helicopter.
Miles away from cars, conveniences, and daily luxuries, this trip offers you the chance to take in the natural beauty of one of the most scenic regions in the world. This trip is primarily for those who find trekking all the way to the base camp difficult. Your journey comes to an end in Kathmandu.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 2: Full-day guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu
Day 3: Fly to Lukla from Kathmandu & trek to Phakding
Day 4: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar
Day 5: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar
Day 6: Trek to Thame and return to Namche Bazaar
Day 7: Helicopter flight from Namche to Everest Base Camp
Day 8: Fly to Kathmandu from Lukla (30 minutes)
Day 9: Kathmandu departure
- Airport pickup and drop off in a private tourist vehicle
- Three-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu for three nights on twin-share. All accommodations in standard guesthouses or lodges during the treks on a twin-share basis
- Meals as per the itinerary. Farewell dinner with cultural program
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu)
- Helicopter Flight (Namche Bazaar - Everest Base Camp - Lukla)
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and porters
- Luxury Holidays Nepal’s duffel bag, sleeping bag, t-shirt and a trekking map
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits
- Single Supplement
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa charges. You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance with high altitude rescue and evacuation included
- Lunch and dinner while you are in Kathmandu and all meals on trekking days
- Expenses that are personal in nature like phone calls and laundry
- Entrance fees to highlights during city sightseeing
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
What is the weather going to be like when I travel to Everest Base Camp?
The weather in Nepal varies by season. For example, November to January is the dry season with sunny days, clear skies and usually no rain. However, on Everest Base Camp, the temperatures at this altitude will be cold, particularly at night. February to May and September to October is the most popular time to travel to EBC, with usually fairly dry and stable weather, although there may be the occasional shower. June to August is monsoon season in Nepal, but once you pass 3,000 meters altitude there is less and less rain. Check out our guide on the best time to visit Nepal for more on specific monthly climate and seasons.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- Are there bag weight restrictions for the small aircraft flight from Kathmandu to Lukla?
How much should my backpack weigh?
A properly packed backpack (not including your day pack) should ideally not weigh more than 13 kg. It is also important to note that if you are taking a flight to the start of your trek, many smaller aircraft have weight restrictions. For example, if you are flying from Kathmandu to Lukla, you are only allowed 10kg of checked luggage, and 5 kg of hand baggage. Thus, in case of a small flight, you should ideally pack a 10 kg backpack for checked luggage, and then add 5 kg in your hand baggage. You can then re-shuffel the weigt once you start your trek at the trailhead.