- duration 21 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- A rare opportunity to climb Cholo (6097m)
- Hike up the Thame valley and cross the Renjo La (5340m)
- Spectacular mountain views deep in the Everest region
- Fully supported expedition with 3 meals per day supplied by our expert cooks
A superb expedition to Cholo (6097m/20,003ft), a rarely climbed but highly desirable Himalayan objective, located deep within the Everest region.. In a spectacular corner of the Everest region lies Cholo (6097m/20,003ft), one of the twin peaks of Abi Himal. A mecca for mountaineers, this is a dramatic region where several of the world's highest mountains, including Everest and Cho Oyu, dominate the skyline. Building on our success in 2016, World Expeditions have put together an exciting itinerary to climb Cholo, a rarely climbed peak due to its hidden but highly dramatic location just south of the giant south face of Cho Oyu, at the very northern end of the Gokyo valley. We will access the peak over the dramatically situated Renjo La, with the Gokyo valley stretching out before us and views into Tibet, to the wild upper Bhote Kosi. Cholo sees very few expeditions and it is incredibly unique to have such an off the beaten path experience close to some of the main trekking routes in the Khumbu region. For an experienced and motivated mountaineer, this expedition will push you to new heights in one of the world's premier climbing destinations. This mountain offers the total package in terms of mountaineering in the Nepal Himalaya, with at times technical climbing justly rewarded. The view from the summit is hands down the best mountain view in the Himalaya, with breathtaking vistas spanning 360 degrees to across the whole region. You can gaze upon both the North and South Col of Everest which is very rare, along with Lhotse, Makalu and Cho Oyu. The secret is out and Cholo is set to become one of the most sought after objectives for mountaineers looking to go to the next level. This is a trip which truly captures the spirit of adventure and will leave you with indelible memories of adventure among the highest mountains on earth.
Day 1 : Join Kathmandu
Day 2 : In Kathmandu
Day 3 : Fly to Lukla, trek to Ghat (2800m). Walk approx 2-3 hours.
Day 4 : Trek to Namche Bazaar (3400m)
Day 5 : In Namche Bazaar, rest and acclimatise
Day 6 : Trek to Thame (3800m)
Day 7 : Trek to Lungden (4400m)
Day 8 : In Lungden, rest and acclimatise
Day 9 : Trek to Yak Kharka (4900m)
Day 10 : Cross the Renjo La (5340m) to Renjo High Camp (5100m)
Day 11 : To Abi Himal Base Camp (5340m)
Day 12 : Abi Himal Base Camp
Day 13 : Cholo high camp (5650m)
Day 14-15 : Climb Cholo (6097m)
Day 16 : Contingency Day
Day 17 : Trek to Phortse
Day 18 : Trek to Monjo
Day 19 : Return trek to Lukla
Day 20 : Fly Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 21 : In Kathmandu, trip concludes
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 21 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu
- 20 breakfasts, 18 lunches and 18 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$720
- Flights Ramechap/Lukla return valued at US$278
- Private transportation
- World Expeditions mountaineering leader
- Fully supported expedition
- Group medical kit
- High altitude chamber and satellite phone
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- The use of a climbing pack including ice axe, crampons & harness (if required)
- All park entrance fees, trekking and climbing permits
- Porters to carry all group equipment
- Insurance, protective clothing, food and shelter for porters
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 232 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 154 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 325 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 29 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cholo Expedition tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cholo Expedition tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.