- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Undertake the finest short trek in the Kingdom of Bhutan
- Cross the high passes of Nyile La (4700m) and Yale Pass (4950m)
- Camp below the sacred peak of Jomolhari (7314m)
- Soak up classic views of the Himalaya on a fully supported trek
The finest short trek in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan to the base camp of Jomolhari. If you are seeking a relatively short but rugged high altitude trek with ample time for unique cultural insights, then the Jomolhari trek is the perfect choice. Beginning beyond Drugkyel Dzong at Shana, in the picturesque Paro Valley we enter the stunning rhododendron forests and weave our way up the valley crossing and recrossing glistening glacial streams. Eventually the landscape opens up to grassy meadows and leads us to Jangothang where we camp below the sacred peak of Jomolhari (7314m). Continuing toward the Nyile La (4700m) we are treated to views of the startling Jichu Drake (6794m) and Tshrim Khang, before making the gradual crossing of the Pass with views of the Lingshi Dzong perched high on a hill top. The most difficult day of the trek sees us crossing the 4950m Yale Pass before descending to the Thimphu River and the Bhutanese capital of Thimphu. This is a relatively short but challenging trek that offers mountain views generally reserved for much longer treks.
Day 1 : Join Paro (2200m).
Day 2 : Paro Valley, Takstang Monastery (3100m) & National Museum
Day 3 : Drive past Drukyel Dzong (2580m) to Shana (2860m) and commence trek to Thongo Zampa (3250m), (11kms, approx 4 hrs)
Day 4 : Trek to Soi Thangthangkha (3700m) (approx 4 hrs)
Day 5 : Trek to Jomolhari base camp, "Jangothang" 4100m (12kms, approx 5 hours)
Day 6 : At Jomolhari base camp, "Jangothang", rest & explore
Day 7 : Cross Nyile La (4850m) (18kms, approx 8 hrs)
Day 8 : Cross Yale La (4950m) and trek to Shodu (3950m) (Walk approx 8 hrs)
Day 9 : To Barshong (3700m), (Walk approx 7/8hrs)
Day 10 : Complete trek at Dolam Kencho (Walk approx. 5/6hrs). Transfer to Thimphu (approx. 2hrs)
Day 11 : In Thimphu, transfer to Paro (approx. 2hrs.)
Day 12 : Trip concludes in Paro.
- Good quality accommodation in Paro
- 11 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 11 dinners
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 12
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Safety equipment including portable altitude chamber, group medical and satellite phone
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- All group camping equipment
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Animals to carry 20kgs personal equipment
- Sightseeing and site entry fees as listed
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- Bhutan Government visa and sustainability fees
- International flights
- Bottled water
- Aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc
- Airport & departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 130+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jomolhari Base Camp Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 October 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jomolhari Base Camp Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jomolhari Base Camp Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.