- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3128
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Get a taste of incredible Istanbul and its bustling backstreets with your local leader.
- Hike the valleys of Cappadocia and picnic among surreal fairy chimneys that dot the landscape.
- Visit Ephesus’s astounding Roman ruins, where the GrecoRoman world still feels very much alive.
- A kayak trip over a sunken city is the perfect way to experience the lush blue waters of the Mediterranean.
- Hike the famous Lycian Way with breathtaking views of the Turquoise Coast.
Experience Turkey from a different perspective. Abandon well-worn routes to forge a path through unexplored terrain, deep in the historical heart of Turkey. Travel from the minarets of Istanbul city, visiting Turkey’s holiest sites, hiking through valleys for fairy chimneys, tackling the Lycian Way, cycling the streets of Kas and kayaking over sunken cities on the Turquoise Coast. Take up the challenge and be amazed by the diversity that's revealed on this active adventure.
Day 1: Istanbul
Day 2: Cappadocia
Day 3: Hiking in Cappadocia
Day 4: Cappadocia and Konya
Day 5: Selcuk and Ephesus
Day 6: Fethiye - Lycian Way Hiking
Day 7: Lycian Way Hiking
Day 8: Lycian Way Hiking and Kas
Day 9: Kas Sea Kayaking
Day 10: Kas Cycling
Day 11: Istanbul
Day 12: Istanbul
- Hotel (9 nights), Guesthouse (1 nights), Overnight Train (1 night)
- 10 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Private Bus , Public Bus , Overnight Train , Plane
- An expert tour leader
- Istanbul - Orientation Walk
- Cappadocia - Valley walk
- Cappadocia Hike
- Cappadocia - Valley walk
- Ephesus - Archaeological site visit
- Selcuk - Leader-led orientation walk
- Lycian Way - Hike from Kayakoy to Oludeniz Beach
- Lycian Way - Ovacık to Faralya Guided Hike
- Kas - Leader led orientation walk
- Lycian Way - Kabak to Faralya Guided Hike
- Any international flights to/from Istanbul are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Turkey: Hike, Bike & Kayak tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 56+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Turkey: Hike, Bike & Kayak tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 January 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 January 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Turkey: Hike, Bike & Kayak tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Turkey: Hike, Bike & Kayak tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Though you don’t need to be an athlete to take part in this trip, you do need to have a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy it fully. Most activities are moderate and slow paced. Hiking activities range from 3 km to 14 km in a day, and they can be uphill and in full sun. The cycling activity is 30 km and basic mountain biking skills are required. The kayaking is approximately 2.5 hours of paddling (12 km), with no previous experience required.
- Most travel is on public buses. The aim behind this is two-fold: to give you a taste of local life and to minimise the carbon footprint. In fact, you'll be pleasantly surprised to find most Turkish buses have wi-fi and serve coffee and cake!
- You will need to carry your own bags to and from hotels, bus stops and train stations. So it's a good idea to travel light if you can.
- There is a homestay on Day 8 in a local village. This cabin accommodation is comfortable and clean but basic with share bathroom facilities. There is a pool to cool off and the view of butterfly valley is breathtaking. This is an authentic local experience and a way to experience Turkish hospitality at its best.
- Where possible, we have tried to plan the hiking and cycling to mornings and afternoons, but please be aware it can get hot in the summer months.
- You will need to pack good walking shoes, a hat, some sunscreen, and a daypack. Don’t forget a jacket and swimming gear.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
- How much does a tour to Turkey cost?
- What is the best time to visit Turkey?
- How many days should I spend on a visit to Turkey?
Where should I visit in Turkey as a first time visitor?
There is no shortage of things to see in Turkey, but there are many places to visit in Turkey. Cappadocia and Ephesus are two of the best places to see in Turkey, while Istanbul completes the trifecta of must-visit locations. Add a visit to Pamukkale and the Mediterranean coast into the mix and you have a well-rounded holiday.