- duration 2 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike through the Sun Gate to Machu Picchu
- See this magical site in the early morning light
- Traverse the ancient Inca Trail
If you are looking for an easier alternative to the 4-day trek but still want to enjoy time in the breathtaking Andean Mountains, this trip is for you! Hike along the original stone staircases of the Inca Trail up to Inti Punku, and be amazed by the views over the magical site of Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cuzco - Aguas Calientes, Peru (Day 1: Cuzco - Aguas Calientes, Peru)
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cuzco, Peru (Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cuzco, Peru)
- 1 Night in a 3-star hotel at Aguas Calientes
- 1 Breakfast(s)
- 1 Lunch(es)
- 1 Dinner(s)
- Bus & train transfers
- Cuzco accommodation pick-up
- Round trip bus Cuzco - Ollantaytambo
- Train Ollantaytambo - KM 104 (starting point of trek)
- Tourist bus Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes on Day 1
- Round trip tourist bus Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu on Day 2
- Train transfer Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- Active Adventure
- Professional bilingual guide on trek Machu Picchu tour
- Fee and briefing
- Inca Trail and Machu Picchu entrance fees
- Pre-departure briefing
- Airport pick-up/drop-off (please make your own way)
- Day 1 breakfast, Day 2 lunch and dinner
- Bottled water
- Trekking poles
- Guide for bus and train transfers (these portions are on your own)
- Optional Huayna Picchu trek (200 soles) must be booked 1 to 2 months in advance
- Optional Machu Picchu mountain hike (200 soles) must be booked 1 to 2 months in advance
- Accommodation in Cuzco
- Guides: 20-30 soles per guide per trekker
- Optional gratuities
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 25 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Inca Trail Express Trek to Machu Picchu 2D/1N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 216 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 27 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Inca Trail Express Trek to Machu Picchu 2D/1N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Inca Trail Express Trek to Machu Picchu 2D/1N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Brief History of Machu Picchu & Advice:
Machu Picchu was (relatively recently) "discovered" by American historian, Hiram Bingham, in 1911 while searching for the legendary "lost city of the Incas". Hiram Bingham and his local guides stumbled across the site which was then covered in thick vegetation which was later cleared revealing the magical mountain-top archaeological site and opening up the possibility for archaeologists to conduct research on the site by 1915. Whether arriving via Inca Trail or entering from Aguas Calientes don't miss the excellent photo opportunities from the following spots: Hut of the Caretaker of the Funerary Rock (a restored building with a thatched roof), Sacred Plaza with views of the Cordillera Vilcabamba in the distance and Rio Urubamba below.
Single travelers will share a room with another traveler & couples will have a private room.
This hike is Moderate - a 10km trail mostly uphill, with 550 meters of uphill that might be difficult for people who are afraid of heights.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST:
Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail.
All travellers are required to visit the Cuzco office one day prior to the trek for a mandatory briefing. At this meeting you will receive detailed information on the route, a list of what to bring, confirm your accommodation pick-up for the morning of the trek and be able to ask questions.
Check-in with your passport a few days to a few hours before your briefing to let us know you've arrived safely and get some individualized attention. We'll confirm your pick-up info and answer any questions you may have, like booking extras, rental equipment, etc.
2. PRE-DEPARTURE BRIEFINGReturn to our office for a mandatory pre-departure briefing the day before your trek. Meet your group and local Bamba guide, receive detailed information on your excursion and a list of what to bring, and ask any last-minute questions.- Inca Trail and Lares 6pm
- Salkantay, Inca Quarry, Machu Picchu Jungle, Ausangate, Choquequirao 7pm
- Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu by Train, Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Full Day 5pm
Calle Matara 242, Second Floor, Cuzco, Peru
Hours of Operation: 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00 hrs Daily
Tel: +51 84 205234
Emergency Tels: Darwin +51 998 444933, Freddy +51 952 272734, Rene +51 923 125342
Note: You will have a guide during the trek and on the Machu Picchu tour. However, during your bus and train transfers you will not be accompanied by a guide.
DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS
Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry the old passport they used to make the booking or a photocopy with them on the trip.
Departure dates for trek:
No departures in February due to unfavorable climatic conditions