- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- age_requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Walk the classic rolling hills of Tuscany
- Stay in a converted farmhouse
- Enjoy the fabulous Chianti wines
With its Renaissance cities, mediaeval villages and cypress-lined avenues snaking through vineyards, southern Tuscany is the perfect place for a relaxing guided walking holiday. Based at the tranquil Villa Casalta, on our tour we visit beautiful San Gimignano, the market town of Greve in Chianti, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Siena and the magnificent city of Florence. During the week we sample several varieties of the world-renowned local Chianti and have the opportunity to learn more about Italian wine at the Wine School of Siena. *Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures. **Last updated: 22nd July 2020* At Exodus we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up to date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday, and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in ourTravel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">TravelSafety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be *specific* requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below. *Entry requirements. *There are */no known changes/* to entry requirements that may affect your joining this trip.However for all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We therefore encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that ishttps://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice *Local">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra... COVID restrictions*There are likely to be some local requirements (some of which may be local law) in your host destination, related to face-masks and social distancing, details of which, will be explained by your leader on arrival. *Itinerary changes*There are */no planned itinerary changes/*. However, customers should be prepared for occasional short notice changes as required by local authorities or recommended by the Exodus Leader to maintain COVID-security for the group.
This is not a good trip for me. It was to,introduce a friend to Exodus. I shall upgrade next time!”
Day 1: Start Castellina in Chianti.
Day 2: Visit mediaeval market town of Greve in Chianti and the hilltop village of
Montefioralle; afternoon wine tasting in Castellina.
Day 3: Walk to Radda in Chianti, the heart of the Chianti area
Day 4: Travel to Siena and explore the stunning historic centre; learn about Tuscan
and Italian wines at the Wine School.
Day 5: Free day to visit other Chianti villages or relax by the pool.
Day 6: Discover the magnificent city of Florence, considered the birthplace of the
Day 7: Walk to picturesque San Gimignano with free time to explore Palazzo Comunale,
Pinacoteca and Torre Grossa.
Day 8: End Castellina in Chianti.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 dinners, 3 wine tastings
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 7 nights renovated farmhouse with panoramic swimming pool
- 5 days gentle walking and sightseeing
- Low altitude throughout
- Centre-based holiday
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Castellina In Chianti are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Chianti Walking & Wine tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Chianti Walking & Wine tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Chianti Walking & Wine tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Chianti Walking & Wine tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.