- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 30 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Search for the "big five" across four countries.
- Take a nature walk in Matobo National Park.
- Explore giant sand dunes and Victoria Falls.
- Meet the San Bushmen of the Kalahari Desert.
When you put the word “highlights” in the name of a trip, you better be confident that it lives up to the hype. This trip does. Across 30 epic days, you’ll go round-trip to Cape Town via Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia — a new spin on one of our most popular routes — taking comfortable touring vehicles as well as staying in a mix of hotels and campsites for a well-rounded experience. Wildlife sightings and cultural moments come standard here — everything from searching for the "big five" in national parks to enjoying meals with local families. You’ve got memories made for a lifetime.
Day 1: Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town
Day 3: Cape Town/Johannesburg
Day 4: Johannesburg/Greater Kruger Area
Day 5: Kruger National Park
Day 6: Greater Kruger Area
Day 7: Greater Kruger Area/Morning Sun Nature Reserve
Day 8: Morning Sun NR/Great Zimbabwe Monument Area
Day 9: Great Zimbabwe Monument Area/Matobo National Park
Day 10: Matobo National Park
Day 11: Matobo National Park/Hwange National Park
Day 12: Hwange National Park/Victoria Falls
Day 13: Victoria Falls
Day 14: Victoria Falls/Kasane
Day 15: Kasane/Nata
Day 16: Nata/Maun
Day 17: Okavango Delta
Day 18: Maun/D'kar
Day 19: Dekar/Windhoek
Day 20: Windhoek/Etosha National Park
Day 21: Etosha National Park
Day 22: Etosha National Park/Swakopmund
Day 23: Swakopmund
Day 24: Swakopmund/Namib Desert
Day 25: Namib Desert
Day 26: Namib Desert/Fish River Canyon
Day 27: Ai-Ais/Orange River
Day 28: Orange River/Lambert's Bay
Day 29: Lambert's Bay/Cape Town
Day 30: Cape Town
- Hotels (13 nts), lodge/chalet (8 nts), guesthouse (1 nt), basic camping (1 nt), adventure tents (2 nts), participation camping (4 nts).
24 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 9 dinners
Note: Allow USD570-745 for meals not included.
- Plane, air-conditioned touring vehicle, safari vehicles, mokoro, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) & driver throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Lusumpuko Women's Club Lunch, Victoria Falls
- Your G for Good Moment: Dqae Qare San Lodge & Camp, Dekar
- Your G for Good Moment: Penduka Village Restaurant & Shop, Windhoek
- Your G for Good Moment: !Khwa ttu San Culture and Education Centre, Yzerfontein
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Victoria Falls
- Your Discover Moment: Swakopmund
- Your Wellness Moment: Ai-Ais Hot Springs visit, Ai-Ais Hot Springs
- Cape Town orientation walk
- Soweto township tour
- Panorama Route drive
- Kruger National Park wildlife safari drive in our vehicle (full-day)
- Traditional dance experience
- Nature walk in Letaba Ranch
- Great Zimbabwe National Monument visit
- Nature walk (Matobo National Park)
- Victoria Falls visit
- Okavango Delta excursion with entrances, wildlife walks, and traditional canoe trips
- San/Bushmen walk
- Traditional dinner (Kalahari)
- Etosha National Park entrance with wildlife safari drives in our vehicle
- Sossusvlei Dunes and Sesriem Canyon entrance
- Traditional meal in a local home
- Fish River Canyon entrance
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Southern Africa tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 234+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Southern Africa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Southern Africa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Southern Africa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.