- duration 19 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Fully guided
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Raw, primeval landscape of Rotorua shaped by volcanic activity
- Golden beaches of Abel Tasman
- Fox Glacier and the deep fjord complexes around Milford
- Optional activities in Queenstown
- Hike in Mt Aspiring NPHike surrounded by smoking volcanoes
- Climb amongst the soaring peaks of Aoraki Mt Cook National Park
- Show more
New Zealand epitomises contrasting scenery and culture and is an ideal country for adventure travel. Explore both islands as you weave your way through New Zealand on this active trip, visiting all the main highlights and many off-the-beaten-track attractions. Maximise your time in out of the way places and yet still marvel at the iconic destinations. Enjoy true wilderness campsites followed by comfortable lodges. Trek through Jurassic-like rainforest, hike along a glacier, climb up volcanic peaks and enjoy fish and chips on the beach. It is this mix which makes New Zealand extraordinary - it is majestic but down to earth, otherworldly yet reassuringly familiar. A range of activities and glacier walking (optional extra) complement the hikes superbly and keep this tour as diverse and exciting as the landscapes travelled!
Day 1: Start Auckland
Day 2: Travel to Rotorua
Day 3: Hike through the Jurassic-like rainforest of Whirinaki Forest Park; visit the
Waiotapu Thermal Reserve
Day 4: South to Tongariro; bush and alpine walks
Day 5: Trek the Tongariro Alpine crossing
Day 6: To Wellington; free time
Day 7: Short and scenic flight to Nelson; to Abel Tasman; water taxi into Park
Day 8: Walk Abel Tasman NP coastal track; to Murchison
Day 9: To Paparoa N.P.; hike up Fox River to the Ballroom Overhang
Day 10: Hike out of canyon; drive to Punakaiki, Pancake Rocks, Hokitika and Fox
Day 11: Fox Glacier trek; to Makarora & Wanaka
Day 12: Rob Roy Glacier walk in Mt Aspiring NP; transfer to Queenstown
Day 13: Free day in Queenstown
Day 14: To Te Anau; afternoon hike on the Kepler Track
Day 15: Drive to Milford Sound; optional boat cruise into the fjord; to Te Anau
Day 16: Drive through Mackenzie Country to Aoraki/Mt Cook
Day 17: Hike up to Mueller Ridge via Sealy Tarns
Day 18: Hike small lakes of Tasman Glacier; transfer across the Canterbury Plains to
Day 19: End Christchurch
- All accommodation All transport and listed activities
- 14 breakfasts, 16 lunches & 3 dinners
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Earn US$ 308+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trekking in New Zealand tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 August 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 August 2022, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trekking in New Zealand tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trekking in New Zealand tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.