- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Raw, primeval landscape of Rotorua shaped by volcanic activity
- Golden beaches of Abel Tasman
- Fox Glacier and the deep fjord complexes around Milford
- Optional activities in Queenstown
New Zealand epitomises contrasting scenery and culture and is an ideal country for adventure travel. Explore both islands as you weave your way through New Zealand on this active trip, visiting all the main highlights and many off-the-beaten-track attractions. Maximise your time in out of the way places and yet still marvel at the iconic destinations. Enjoy true wilderness campsites followed by comfortable lodges. Trek through Jurassic-like rainforest, hike along a glacier, climb up volcanic peaks and enjoy fish and chips on the beach. It is this mix which makes New Zealand extraordinary - it is majestic but down to earth, otherworldly yet reassuringly familiar. A range of activities and glacier walking (optional extra) complement the hikes superbly and keep this tour as diverse and exciting as the landscapes travelled!
Day 1: Start Auckland
Day 2: Travel to Rotorua
Day 3: Hike through the Jurassic-like rainforest of Whirinaki Forest Park; visit the
Waiotapu Thermal Reserve
Day 4: South to Tongariro; bush and alpine walks
Day 5: Trek the Tongariro Alpine crossing
Day 6: To Wellington; free time
Day 7: Short and scenic flight to Nelson; to Abel Tasman; water taxi into Park
Day 8: Walk Abel Tasman NP coastal track; to Murchison
Day 9: To Paparoa N.P.; hike up Fox River to the Ballroom Overhang
Day 10: Hike out of canyon; drive to Punakaiki, Pancake Rocks, Hokitika and Fox
Day 11: Fox Glacier trek; to Makarora & Wanaka
Day 12: Rob Roy Glacier walk in Mt Aspiring NP; transfer to Queenstown
Day 13: Free day in Queenstown
Day 14: To Te Anau; afternoon hike on the Kepler Track
Day 15: Drive to Milford Sound; optional boat cruise into the fjord; to Te Anau
Day 16: Drive through Mackenzie Country to Aoraki/Mt Cook
Day 17: Hike up to Mueller Ridge via Sealy Tarns
Day 18: Hike small lakes of Tasman Glacier; transfer across the Canterbury Plains to
Day 19: End Christchurch
- 16 nights hotels, lodges, cabins and 2 nights huts/camping , All accommodation
- 15 breakfasts, 16 lunches & 4 dinners
- Travel by private minibus
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 14 days walking, including 2 treks with overnight stays in huts and camps (carrying overnight gear)
- Group normally 4 to 15 plus tour leader and local staff. Min. age 16 yrs
- Low altitude throughout
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trekking in New Zealand tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 283+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trekking in New Zealand tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 April 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trekking in New Zealand tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trekking in New Zealand tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.