- Museum and gallery visits
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Athens (Acropolis
- Greek islands of Santorini
- Mykonos & Samos
This tour combines ancient Athens and visits to Greece's beautiful Aegean islands with some of Turkey's most impressive and important highlights. Among others, you'll see the extensive Roman ruins at Ephesus, Pamukkale's calcium travertines, underground cities and surreal landscapes in Cappadocia and the bustling city of Istanbul.
We start in Athens with plenty of time to visit the famous ancient sites like the Acropolis and Parthenon, before heading out to the picturesque island of Santorini for plenty of sun, sea and sand. We island hop to Mykonos and Samos for more beach time before arriving at Kusadasi in Turkey. We'll visit the nearby roman ruins at Ephesus before heading inland to enjoy the rejuvenating thermal waters and limestone Travertines at Pamukkale and Heirapolis. We continue east to spend time in the fairytale landscape that is Cappadocia and venture underground to explore the fascinating underground cities. From here we head back to Istanbul, via the capital Ankara, and spent our final days visiting the famous sites like Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque, and the Aya Sofya.
Day 1 Arrive in Athens, transfer to hotel
Day 2 Athens, half day Acropolis tour
Day 3 Ferry from Athens to Santorini, free time
Day 4 Santorini, free time & optional tours
Day 5 Ferry from Santorini to Mykonos
Day 6 Mykonos, free day & local options
Day 7 Samos to Kusadasi
Day 8 Kusadasi, Ephesus Roman ruins tour
Day 9 Drive to Pamukkale and Hierapolis
Day 10 Drive the Silk Road to Konya
Day 11 Cappadocia, full day tour
Day 12 Cappadocia, drive to Ankara before returning to Istanbul
Day 13 Istanbul, Old City tour
Day 14 Istanbul, departure transfer to the airport
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- Port-hotel transfers on Greek islands
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (12 breakfasts, 5 dinners)
- All transport in AC minibus/coach in Turkey and Athens
- Greek island ferry crossings as per itinerary
- 24-hour airport arrival transfer service from Eleftherios Venizelos Airport in Athens (ATH)
- 24-hour airport departure transfer service in Istanbul (to either Istanbul - Attaturk (IST) or Sabiha Gokcen (SAW) airports)
- Services of a Greek tour leader from Athens to Samos
- Services of a professional Turkish tour guide from Kusadasi to Istanbul
- Entrance fees to sites visited in Turkey
- International Flights (available on request)
- Visa fees
- Travel Insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees in Athens (allow approx. EUR 17 for the Acropolis and Acropolis Museum)
- Greece hotel residence tax (see tour notes)
- Drinks, snacks, and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Guide & driver tips
- Port or border fees
- Optional tours
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 113+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Turkey & Greek Islands tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 June 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Turkey & Greek Islands tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Turkey & Greek Islands tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.