- duration 16 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- Experience the quintessential wildlife experience of the “Galapagos of the Poles”
- Visit South Georgia’s king penguin rookeries – the largest in the world
- Reflect at the resting place of the great explorer, Sir Ernest Shackleton
- Visit abandoned whaling stations and learn stories of inhabitants who called this island home
This adventure is the fastest way to get to the rarely visited South Georgia Island while also stepping foot on the 7th Continent. As we set sail, photograph massive albatross and pintado petrel as they swoop and soar around the ship, guiding us toward South Georgia. Beaches teeming with king penguins and elephant seals greet us on this fabled island, where we’ll pay our respects to famed explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton. Antarctica awaits, with its geographic contradictions and overwhelming enormity. Relax on a Zodiac ride, hike glistening glaciers, share comical moments with inquisitive penguins, or witness the rugged peninsula from a sea kayak. Antarctica will surprise and delight, and never disappoint.
Day 1 : Arrive in Ushuaia, Argentina
Day 2 : Embarkation Day
Days 3 to 6 : At Sea
Days 7 and 8 : South Georgia
Days 9 and 10 : At Sea
Days 11 to 13 : Antarctic Peninsula
Days 14 and 15 : Crossing the Drake Passage
Day 16 : Disembarkation in Ushuaia
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 350+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Georgia and Antarctic Peninsula: Penguin Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 3569 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 124 days before departure. For any departures within 23 June 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
South Georgia and Antarctic Peninsula: Penguin Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Georgia and Antarctic Peninsula: Penguin Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.