- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 14+ years old
- age_requirement 14+ years old
- Explore Angkor Wat by bicycle with a licensed guide
- Engage with local NGOs to learn about community development and social impact
- Cycle from Siem Reap to Saigon across the Mekong Delta
- Explore floating markets, cocoa farms, rice noodle factories and pepper farms
The journey will take you from Siem Reap, Cambodia, to Saigon, Vietnam, on a 16-day exploration of the uniqueness and the similarities between the two countries.
Social Cycles will help you engage with the local non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and beneficiaries from a select project to understand the nuances of the rapidly developing nations. Alongside visits to sites of natural and cultural significance, such as Angkor Wat temples, the Mekong Delta and the floating markets, among other, you'll interact with everyday people trying to live and bring change to their communities.
Research what really happens on the ground and out in the villages with Social Cycles in a holiday that carefully balances ethical research and local impact with cycling and sightseeing.
Day 1: Arrival at Siem Reap
Day 2: Angor: Sunrise cycling around temples
Day 3: Battambang: Ride through rivers and villages
Day 4: Pursat: Adventure cycling over red dirt
Day 5: Phnom Penh: Cycling through riverside villages
Day 6: Phnom Penh: Visit Friends International, S-21 Genocide Museum
Day 7: Kampot: Riding out of Phnom Penh
Day 8: Kampot: The Bokor mountain cycle challenge
Day 9: Kampot: Salt field community
Day 10: Rach Gia: Cross over to Vietnam
Day 11: Can Tho: Cycling the Mekong Delta
Day 12: Can Tho: Floating markets, noodle factory and cocoa farms
Day 13: Ben Tre: More cycling & home stay
Day 14: Saigon: Cycling into the city
Day 15: Saigon: Visit Mekong Plus
Day 16: Saigon: Departure day
- Arrival airport transfer
- All accommodation
- Full bicycle hire
- Most dinners & breakfast as per the itinerary
- Expert, English-speaking guides
- Visit at minimum three local NGOs in Cambodia & Vietnam
- Full support vehicle for the ride with water and fruits, and a standby mechanic
- Multiple field trips to villages and communities
- Entry to Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Genocide Museum in Phnom Penh & Mekong Delta floating market tours
- Single Supplement
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Departure airport transfer
- Optional NGO donation of US$150
- Personal expenses
- Drinks with meals
- Tips and gratuities
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Earn US$ 88+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe distances between one hotel to the next can be extensive so we have cherry picked the best part to cycle in between, but it may only be 40 to 60 km of the route. Each Social Cycles tour is fully supported so there is an opportunity for riders to take a rest in the van. Our goal is to show the beauty of travelling Cambodia and Vietnam by bicycle, and not to rack up thousands of kilometers. Therefore, our style is recreational and casual. We aim to cater to beginner and intermediate recreational cyclists, not professionals or Strava enthusiasts.