- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- San Jose: Costa Rica’s vibrant capital city was founded in the mid18th century, boasting great cultural and historical landmarks. Visit its museums, the Europeaninspired National Theatre, and stroll the charming alleys of its historic neighbourhoods.
- Tortuguero: This park is home to the nesting grounds of the green sea turtles, offering spectacular beaches and fantastic opportunities to spot wild animals and birds.
- Arenal: Admire one of the most beautiful volcanoes in the country and its mesmerising park, dotted with trails and rich in wildlife.
- Monteverde: Settled by American Quakers in the 1950s, this primary cloud forest is made out of six unique ‘life zones’, hosting many endangered species, as well as a variety of fascinating plants.
Uncover essential Costa Rica during this 10-day exotic adventure. Beginning and ending in the capital, San Jose, this self-drive tour offers you the chance to discover different aspects of this emblematic destination. Visit the most predominant natural areas of Costa Rica, including Arenal Volcano National Park, and the cloud forest of Monteverde. Enjoy an unforgettable excursion in Tortuguero, in a shared shuttle and boat, and spend precious time in mesmerising Tamarindo, one of Costa Rica’s most famous beaches, indulging in the fun surf town atmosphere and getting closer to the inspiring local culture and adventurous spirit. During the trip, keep an eye out for a variety of animals and don’t forget to mingle with the friendly locals for an all-round experience.
Day 1: Day 1: ARRIVAL SAN JOSE
Day 2: Day 2: SAN JOSE – TORTUGUERO (135km – 4 hrs by road / 2 hrs by boat)
Day 3: Day 3: TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK
Day 4: Day 4: TORTUGUERO – ARENAL (210km – 5 hrs by road / 2 hrs by boat)
Day 5: Day 5: ARENAL VOLCANO NATIONAL PARK
Day 6: Day 6: ARENAL – MONTEVERDE (60km – 2.5 hrs by road / 45 min by boat)
Day 7: Day 7: MONTEVERDE
Day 8: Day 8: MONTEVERDE – PACIFIC COAST (190km – 4 hrs)
Day 9: Day 9: PACIFIC COAST
Day 10: Day 10: PACIFIC COAST – DEPART SAN JOSE (160km – 3 hrs)
- 9 nights' accommodation
- 9 breakfasts
- 3 lunches on days 2, 3, 4
- 2 dinners on days 2, 3
- Air-conditioned transportation for the arrival transfer on a shared basis, from Juan Santamaria Airport to your first hotel
- Shared land and boat transfers to/from Tortuguero
- Air-conditioned transportation for the departure transfer on a shared basis, from the car rental company offices in San José to the Juan Santamaria Airport
- Tour guides do not accompany guests during transport
- Second driver
- Car rental from day 4
- Unlimited mileage
- Applicable Local taxes (VAT)
- Insurance with No excess
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
- Supplemental Liability Coverage (SLC)
- Emergency contact service
- Replacement car in case of accident
- Full-Full petrol rate
- Coverage up to 70.000 USD per person or 175.000 USD per accident
- VISITS AND ACTIVITIES:
- All activities in Tortuguero except the entrance fee to Tortuguero National Park and optional activities
- Meet and greet on Day 1
- Hotel taxes
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Airport taxes
- Airport porterage
- Optional tours
- International / domestic flight tickets or visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Entrance fees for optional activities mentioned in the itinerary
- NOT INCLUDED IN CAR HIRE:
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen, wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of fine being received there will be an administration charge
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc)
- Petrol deposit 100 USD; refunded when returning full
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 41+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential Costa Rica - Package With Guanacaste, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 292 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 34 days before departure. For any departures within 10 May 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Essential Costa Rica - Package With Guanacaste, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential Costa Rica - Package With Guanacaste, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.