- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca: A Caribbean seaside town famous for its surfing scene, beautiful scenery, and relaxed atmosphere.
- Cahuita National Park: Boasting beautiful coral reefs, this natural park will amaze you with its pristine beaches and coastal rainforest.
- Turrialba: Found in Costa Rica’s Central Valley, the verdant town of Turrialba is the base to a great whitewater rafting adventure down the River Pacuare.
- San Gerardo de Dota: Set in a deep forested valley, this charming remote area is great for fishing and birdwatching.
Depart on a 10-day coast-to-coast journey discovering the wild side of Costa Rica. Stay in a picturesque Caribbean beach town and explore the country’s inland in search for the awe-inspiring quetzal bird. Hike in lush rainforests, snorkel over an incredible reef, get an adrenaline rush on a white-water rafting adventure, and vbserve the vast variety of flora and fauna throughout the tour. Prepare yourself for a stunning trip you will never forget!
Day 1: Day 1: ARRIVAL SAN JOSE
Day 2: Day 2: SAN JOSE – PUERTO VIEJO DE TALAMANCA (215km – 5 hrs)
Day 3: Day 3: CAHUITA NATIONAL PARK
Day 4: Day 4: PUERTO VIEJO – TURRIABLA (180km – 4 hrs)
Day 5: Day 5: PACUARE RIVER
Day 6: Day 6: TURRIABLA – SAN GERARDO DE DOTA (120km – 3 hrs)
Day 7: Day 7: SAN GERARDO DE DOTA
Day 8: Day 8: SAN GERARDO DE DOTA – MANUEL ANTONIO (150km – 3 hrs)
Day 9: Day 9: MANUEL ANTONIO NATIONAL PARK
Day 10: Day 10: MANUEL ANTONIO – DEPART SAN JOSE (160km – 3 hrs)
- 9 nights' accommodation
- 9 breakfasts
- Air-conditioned transportation for the arrival transfer on a shared basis, from Juan Santamaria Airport to your first hotel
- Air-conditioned transportation for the departure transfer on a shared basis, from the car rental company offices in San Jose to the Juan Santamaria Airport
- Tour guides do not accompany guests during transport
- Second driver
- Unlimited mileage
- Applicable Local taxes (VAT)
- Insurance with No excess
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
- Supplemental Liability Coverage (SLC)
- Emergency contact service
- Replacement car in case of accident
- Full-Full petrol rate
- Coverage up to 70.000 USD per person or 175.000 USD per accident
- Meet and greet on Day 1
- Hotel taxes
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Airport taxes
- Airport porterage
- Optional tours
- International / domestic flight tickets or visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Tortuguero National Park entrance fee
- Entrance to Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- NOT INCLUDED IN CAR HIRE:
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen, wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of fine being received there will be an administration charge
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc)
- Petrol deposit 100 USD; refunded when returning full
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 44+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Caribbean To Pacific, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 312 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 34 days before departure. For any departures within 10 May 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Caribbean To Pacific, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Caribbean To Pacific, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.