- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- See the majestic Arenal Volcano
- Relax in the hot springs of Baldi
- Travel to the famous beach resort town of Tamarindo
- Choose your favourite activity from among many, including surfing, kayaking & zip lining
This trip is a combination of adventure and exploration, providing you with the chance to travel to different locations and enjoy outdoor activities. Relax in Arenal's hot springs in the evening. Travel to the famous beach resort town of Tamarindo. Spend you time on the beach and get the chance to choose your favourite activity. We will drive you back to San Jose and drop you off at the airport after the tour is over.
They first took us to a local artisan coffee and gift shop where we were able to try locally grown and roasted coffee. It was actually quite good. We then drove onto the first part of our tour to Cahuita National Park. What an amazing place. A nice walk along a beach area with all kinds of wildlife all around us. The guides did an excellent job of pointing all of this out from Howler Monkeys to leak cutter ants to Sloths up in the trees. We were under the cover of the trees so it was a very pleasant experience and an easy area to walk along.
We next went to a banana plantation on our route to the Tortuguero Canal. We stayed in the bus because they didn't want us to potentially spread any disease to the banana plants. However our guide went out and cut off a start of a banana bloom and brought it back to the bus and showed us all what the baby bananas look like. It was totally fascinating.
Tortuguero Canal was quite fun as well. We saw all kinds of wild-life including more sloths, all kinks of birds and even a small caiman (small alligator) in the water as well as bats sleeping under a Palm leaf. When we returned from the boat portion of the tour they had some refreshing cut fruit for us to snack on. All-in-all it was a great day and I wouldn't have planned it any differently. Thank you so much for the great tour Greenway! The price was excellent and your guides made it a really fun time for everyone.”
Day 1: Arrive in San Jose
Day 2: Arenal Volcano & hot springs
Day 3: Activities
Day 4: Arenal - Tamarindo Beach
Day 5: Activities
Day 6: Tamarindo
Day 7: Tamarindo - San Jose
Day 8: Departure
- Both shuttle & private transfer service between destinations
- An experienced tour guide
- Airport pickup and drop off
- Hotel accommodation as per the itinerary
- Meals mentioned on the itinerary
- 1 activity from those specified on the itinerary
- International airfare
- Meals not specified on the itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- Activities other than the one you choose
- Earn US$ 75+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationTo participate in rafting and zip lining, the minimum age is 7