- duration 8 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit the Uros floating Islands
- Enjoy the spectacular views of Lake Titicaca
- Visit the communal cooperative in Taquile island
Visit Taquile Island where you will encounter an indigenous community that has conserved its original traditions and organization. In addition make a stop at the famous Uros reed islands.
This tour begins between 6:00-7:00 am with a transfer from your Puno City Center hotel to the port. Then by motor boat (35 feet long with a covered section in case of rain or cold weather, 25 individual seats) we visit the Uros floating Islands. Stepping on them feels very much like a water bed (but it is quite safe). We see the houses, the islands and meet its friendly habitants. Uros people are descendants of one of the oldest South American groups. Rides on traditional reed boats can be arranged. In the mornings these islands can be crowded. We visit two of the 60 islands before continuing on to Taquile Island. After a relaxed navigation of an extra 2 1/2 hours, getting the chance to enjoy the spectacular views offered by Lake Titicaca, we get to Taquile island. There, lives a unique community. A long path gradually ascending (45 min. hike approx.) will take us to the village, the views are beautiful. Visit the communal cooperative where you will find handicraft textiles of high quality. The views are magnificent. At 2:30 pm approx. we will depart back to Puno City (3 hours return journey). At 5.30 pm we arrive to Puno. On arrival to Puno we will transfer you to your Puno hotel.
- Transfers: hotel / port / hotel
- Basic lunch
- Motor boat transport, 11 km/h
- Bilingual guide (Spanish-English)
- Entrance fees
- Other meals/drinks
- Tips for guide
- Optional reed boat ride, can be arranged directly at the Uros Islands and paid directly to the local boat skipper
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lake Titicaca Day Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 August 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Lake Titicaca Day Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lake Titicaca Day Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
The pickup will be between 6:00 - 7:00 am, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the pickup location and time.Please be ready and waiting by your hostel lobby.
For day trips on to the Lake, you generally need very little, but the following items are advisable to carry in a day pack and /or wearing them on.
- T-shirt, optionally long sleeved shirt
- Long trousers, optionally shorts (extra)
- Warm clothing and a jacket or a fleece
- Rain coat or a poncho (only in the rainy season, Dec - March)
- Hat and sun glasses
- Sun screen (sun block) very important
- Walking shoes or boots
- Camera and film
- Money in Peruvian currency, take small change with you. To try and change a S/.100 note is next to impossible
- Water 1 liter (more to buy at the Island)
COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols