- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Rincon de la Vieja: Enjoy the volcanic views this spectacular national park has to offer. But watch your step as you wander around the fascinating steaming mud pots and boiling water.
- Arenal: Admire one of the most beautiful volcanoes in the country and its mesmerising park, dotted with trails and rich in wildlife.
- Sarapiqui: Neighbouring the Braulio Carrillo National Park, a great area for animal spotting, this magnificent region is known for its kayaking and whitewater rafting.
- Tortuguero: This park is home to the nesting grounds of the green sea turtles, offering spectacular beaches and fantastic opportunities to spot wild animals and birds.
Uncover the natural beauty of Costa Rica during this 11-day self-drive tour around the country. From coast to coast, discover the complexity of the different regions, including the bustling capital city of San Jose and both the Pacific and Caribbean coasts. Enjoy an unforgettable excursion in Tortuguero, in a shared shuttle and boat, give yourself the opportunity to see a variety of active and dormant volcanoes and rainforests, as well as admire a plethora of animals and plant life. Enjoy all of Costa Rica wrapped up into one trip!
Day 1: Day 1: ARRIVAL LIBERIA – RINCON DE LA VIEJA (35km – 1 hr)
Day 2: Day 2: RINCON DE LA VIEJA – ARENAL (150km – 3.5 hrs)
Day 3: Day 3: ARENAL
Day 4: Day 4: ARENAL – SARAPIQUI (130km – 2.5 hrs)
Day 5: Day 5: SARAPIQUI – TORTUGUERO (85km – 3 hrs by road / 2 hrs by boat)
Day 6: Day 6: TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK
Day 7: Day 7: TORTUGUERO – SAN JOSE (135km – 4 hrs by road / 2 hrs by boat)
Day 8: Day 8: SAN JOSE – LA PAZ WATERFALL – VARA BLANCA (55km – 1.5 hrs)
Day 9: Day 9: VARA BLANCA – HERRADURA BEACH (120km – 2.5 hrs)
Day 10: Day 10: HERRADURA BEACH
Day 11: Day 11: HERRADURA BEACH – DEPART LIBERIA (200km – 3.5 hrs)
- 10 nights' accommodation
- 10 breakfasts,
- 3 lunches on days 5, 6, 7
- 2 dinners on days 5, 6
- Air-conditioned transportation for the arrival transfer on a shared basis, from Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport in Liberia to the car rental office
- Shared land and boat transfers from day to/from Tortuguero
- Air-conditioned transportation for the departure transfer on a shared basis, from the car rental company offices to the Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport in Liberia
- From day 1 to day 11 with unlimited mileage
- Applicable local taxes (VAT)
- No excess
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
- Supplemental Liability Coverage (SLC)
- Unlimited mileage
- Coverage up to 70.000 USD per person or 175.000 USD per accident.
- VISTITS AND ACTIVITIES:
- All activties in Tortuguero except the entrance fee to Tortuguero National Park and optional activities
- Meet and greet on Day 1
- Hotel taxes
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Airport taxes of
- Airport porterage
- GPS, refundable deposit: 100$, gasoline/petrol costs
- Optional tours
- International / domestic flight tickets or visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Tortuguero National Park entrance fee
- Any extras at the hotels
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 49+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ultimate Escape Costa Rica, Self Drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 353 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 34 days before departure. For any departures within 10 May 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Ultimate Escape Costa Rica, Self Drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ultimate Escape Costa Rica, Self Drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.