- Active and outdoor
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Tamarindo: This busy beach resort is great for a night out, surfing, and exploring the eclectic dining scene.
- Samara: A relaxed beach town great for soaking up the sun and enjoying the breezy atmosphere.
- Tambor Beach: Framed by a charming horseshoeshaped bay, this secluded beach boasts beautiful, volcanic sands and an abundance of tranquillity.
- Tortuguero: This park is home to the nesting grounds of the green sea turtles, offering spectacular beaches and fantastic opportunities to spot wild animals and birds.
This comprehensive 15-day tour takes you to some of the most exotic and picturesque areas of the stunning country of Costa Rica. Relax on the sunny shores of Tambor as well as throughout the tour and enjoy the freedom to choose optional excursions in the different destinations. From soft sandy beaches to fascinating cloud forests and vibrant volcanoes, this memorable tour will allow you to discover the real Costa Rica while experiencing its incredible wildlife and interesting culture.
Day 1: Arrival Liberia – Tamarindo (85km – 1.5 Hrs)
Day 2: Tamarindo – Samara (110km – 2 Hrs)
Day 3: Samara
Day 4: Samara – Tambor (155km – 4 Hrs)
Day 5: Tambor Beach
Day 6: Tambor – San Jose (155km – 3 Hrs By Road / 1 Hr By Ferry)
Day 7: San Jose – Tortuguero (135km – 4 Hrs By Road / 2 Hrs By Boat)
Day 8: Tortuguero National Park
Day 9: Tortuguero – Sarapiqui (85km – 3 Hrs By Road / 2 Hrs By Boat)
Day 10: Sarapiqui
Day 11: Sarapiqui – Arenal (130km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 12: Arenal
Day 13: Arenal – Monteverde (60km – 2.5 Hrs By Road / 45 Min By Boat)
Day 14: Monteverde
Day 15: Monteverde – Depart Liberia (130km – 3 Hrs)
- 14 nights' accommodation
- 14 breakfasts,
- 3 lunches on days 7, 8, 9
- 2 dinners on days 7, 8
- Air-conditioned transportation as indicated in the itinerary on a shared basis
- Private return transfer from/to the airport
- TOUR GUIDE
- Operated with Bilingual Spanish and English-speaking licensed local guides on a shared basis. Please note you will be accompanied by local guides for the activities only. There is no guarantee that you will be part of a group, or part of the same group during the tour.
- Tour guides do not accompany guests during transport
- All monuments and visits as indicated: Ocean safari (boat trip and snorkeling), Guided hike in Tortuguero Village, Guided boat tour through the canals of Tortuguero, Safari float on Sarapiqui River, Hiking Arenal Volcano National Park, Visit to Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve
- Meet and greet on Day 1
- Hotel taxes
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Airport taxes
- Airport porterage
- Optional tours
- International and domestic flight tickets or visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Tortuguero National Park entrance fee
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 83+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Beaches And Nature With Tambor tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 July 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Beaches And Nature With Tambor tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Beaches And Nature With Tambor tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.