- Active and outdoor
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 15 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 6+ years old
- max group size 3
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Tamarindo: This busy beach resort is great for a night out, surfing, and exploring the eclectic dining scene.
- Samara: A relaxed beach town great for soaking up the sun and enjoying the breezy atmosphere.
- Santa Teresa: Located on the tip of the Nicoya Peninsula, this beautiful beach getaway is about as far away from the big city as you can get.
- Tortuguero: This park is home to the nesting grounds of the green sea turtles, offering spectacular beaches and fantastic opportunities to spot wild animals and birds.
This comprehensive 15-day tour takes you to some of the most exotic and picturesque areas of the stunning country of Costa Rica. Relax on the sunny shores of Santa Teresa as well as throughout the tour, enjoy an unforgettable excursion in Tortuguero, in a shared shuttle and boat, and take advantage of the freedom to choose optional excursions in the different destinations. From soft sandy beaches to fascinating cloud forests and vibrant volcanoes, this memorable tour will allow you to discover the real Costa Rica while experiencing its incredible wildlife and interesting culture.
Day 1: Arrival Liberia – Tamarindo (85km – 1.5 Hrs)
Day 2: Tamarindo – Samara (110km – 2 Hrs)
Day 3: Samara
Day 4: Samara – Santa Teresa (170km – 4 Hrs)
Day 5: Santa Teresa
Day 6: Santa Teresa – San Jose (170km – 4 Hrs By Road / 1 Hr By Ferry)
Day 7: San Jose – Tortuguero (135km – 4 Hrs By Road / 2 Hrs By Boat)
Day 8: Tortuguero National Park
Day 9: Tortuguero – Sarapiqui (85km – 3 Hrs By Road / 2 Hrs By Boat)
Day 10: Sarapiqui
Day 11: SarapiquÍ – Arenal (130km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 12: Arenal
Day 13: Arenal – Monteverde (60km – 2.5 Hrs By Road / 45 Min By Boat)
Day 14: Monteverde
Day 15: Monteverde – Depart Liberia (130km – 3 Hrs)
- 14 nights' accommodation
- 14 breakfasts
- 3 lunches on days 7, 8, 9
- 2 dinners on days 7, 8
- Air-conditioned transportation for the arrival transfer on a shared basis, from Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport in Liberia to the car rental office
- Shared land and boat transfers to/from Tortuguero
- Air-conditioned transportation for the departure transfer on a shared basis, from the car rental company offices in Liberia to the Daniel Oduber Airport
- Second driver
- Tour guides do not accompany guests during transport
- Unlimited mileage
- Applicable Local taxes (VAT)
- Insurance with No excess
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
- Supplemental Liability Coverage (SLC)
- Emergency contact service
- Replacement car in case of accident
- Full-Full petrol rate
- Coverage up to 70.000 USD per person or 175.000 USD per accident
- All activities in Tortuguero except the entrance fee to Tortuguero National Park and optional activities
- Meet and greet on Day 1
- Hotel taxes
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Airport taxes
- Airport porterage
- Optional tours
- International / domestic flight tickets or visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Tortuguero National Park entrance fee
- Entrance to Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen, wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of fine being received there will be an administration charge
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc)
- Petrol deposit 100 USD; refunded when returning full tank
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 64+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Beaches And Nature With Santa Teresa, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 November 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Beaches And Nature With Santa Teresa, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Beaches And Nature With Santa Teresa, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.