- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 1 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 3+ years old
- max group size 30
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the Dakshinkali Temple on Tuesday or Saturday
- Take a trip to Pharping, a thriving Newari town & an ancient Buddhist pilgrimage site
- Experience authentic Newari culture in Kirtipur
We will pick you up from your hotel at 9:00 am and drive you to the Dakshinkali Temple, located 22 km (around 45 minutes drive) away from the valley. Ceremonies involving animal sacrifice are held in the temple every Tuesday and Saturday.
Have lunch at a local restaurant near the temple at around 12:00 pm and head for Pharping, four kilometre away from the temple. See the hilltop monasteries in Pharping and enjoy the scenery. Your next destination is Kirtipur, a historic Newar settlement with old shrines, temples and houses. The Chilamchu Stupa and the temple of Bagh Bhairav are the major sights in Kirtipur.
Drive back to Kathmandu at 5:00 pm. We will drop you off at your hotel in the city.
- Pickup and drop-off transfer
- An experienced tour guide and a driver
- Local lunch
- Mineral water in car
- Entrance fees to the temples and monuments mentioned
- Fuel cost. All charges, fees & taxes
- All government taxes and service charges.
- Single Supplement
- Anything not mentioned on the itinerary
- Single supplement addon compulsory for solo travelers
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.