- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 11
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the highlights of Durban during a halfday tour
- Explore Victoria Street Market, which reflects South Africa's rich culture and heritage
- Visit uShaka Marine World’s Village Walk, a shopper’s paradise in an openair environment
Next to the Victoria Street Market is the Zulu Medicine Market where your guide will take you on an informative tour of Inyanga (Doctors) Lane. The marketplace is a unique place where Zulu culture has survived in the modern urban environment.
Moses Mabhida Stadium is next on the itienrary. This landmark has become a defining feature of the Durban skyline. It has a high-rise platform on top of its arch which is accessible by an elevator called the Sky Car for an additional fee (not included in the tour price). Your tour guide will show you around the exterior of the stadium and explain its history, use and significance. You will be given time to go to the sky platform if you want to.
Next, visit uShaka Marine World’s Village Walk, located along the famous Golden Mile Beachfront on Durban’s OR Tambo Parade. uShaka is home to Durban’s most unique shopping experience, a shopper’s paradise in an open-air environment that offers guests a world of entertainment, fun, shopping and dining.
The tour includes a stop at Durban's beautiful botanical garden, the oldest such garden in Africa, established in 1849. Your guide will show you some of the interesting and beautiful features of the gardens and give you extra time to explore the area on your own.
Head for the KwaMuhle Museum now. This museum was once the headquarters of Durban’s Native Administration Department and the centre of Durban’s harsh system of labour control. It has now been transformed into an apartheid museum that seeks to reflect Durban’s urban growth and the history of its residents. It also houses a very interesting HIV/Aids exhibition that educates the public on the situation of the disease in South Africa.
The other landmarks you will see during this tour are city hall, Durban Harbour and the Shiva statue at the Umgeni Hindu Temple. We will drive you back to your accommodation after the tour is over.
- A qualified, English-speaking tour guide
- Pickup from and drop-off to hotels and locations 10 km from Durban city centre by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to the monuments, landmarks mentioned on the itinerary (wherever applicable)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationDEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION: Pickup & drop off service within a 10km radius of Durban. DEPARTURE TIME: Mornings 9AM / Afternoons 12PM RETURN TIME: Mornings 1PM / Afternoon 4:30PM WEAR: Comfortable clothing, Hat, Sunscreen, Jacket. AGE: All ages welcome DATES: All year round TRAVELLER TYPE: Single or Per Person Sharing. Why should you take this tour? • You are looking for sightseeing cultural day tour. • You want short travel time. • You want to see the sights of Durban. • You want to learn about South African history and culture. * German and Polish languages can be requested (on request) * After 15:00 PM, please immediately contact Mr Sotiris on +27 82 7766 771 / Bongani +27 766 066 028 / Christo +27 82 7766 787 by the phone / WhatsApp , the day before the trip. * If the last minute booking is before is before 15:00, kindly contact by email :firstname.lastname@example.org