- Road trips
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 22
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Whether it’s searching for gentle giants on a game drive through Addo Elephant National Park or hiking past antelope in Bontebok National Park, there’s no shortage of wildlife spotting on this adventure.
- Embark on a halfday guided walk in the mighty Drakensburg Range – one of many spectacular hikes along the Garden Route that you can choose to discover in your free time.
- Rise early with your small group to watch wild meerkats wake and warm in the morning sun, before continuing south to Swellendam – South Africa’s thirdoldest town.
- Cruise the classic R320 route – stopping by a couple of wineries for local tastings – en route to South Africa's southernmost point at Cape Agulhus.
- As you tour the Wild Coast, stop by South Africa’s Xhosa community for an afternoon spent with a local guide, learning about enduring customs and cultures in this tribal group.
Follow the coastal trail to Cape Town on an adventurous 14-day Lonely Planet Experience along the Garden Route and Wild Coast of South Africa. Hit up all the region’s hotspots – elephant spotting in Addo Elephant National Park, wine tasting in the Hermanus Wine Region, hiking in the Lesotho Highlands, meeting local Xhosa communities in Cintsa, and wildlife viewing in Tsitsikamma and Bontebok national parks. Get a sprinkling of safaris thrown in with wine tasting and fig farming, creating a whole South African smorgasbord. When will you sample the local delights?
Day 1: Durban
Day 2: Drakensberg
Day 3: Drakensberg
Day 4: Lesotho Highlands
Day 5: Lesotho Highlands
Day 6: Wild Coast/Cintsa
Day 7: Wild Coast/Cintsa
Day 8: Addo Elephant National Park
Day 9: Garden Route / Tsitsikamma National Park
Day 10: Tsitsikamma National Park
Day 11: Garden Route / Oudtshoorn
Day 12: Bontebok National Park
Day 13: Cape Agulhas / R320 Winery Route / Hermanus
Day 14: Cape Town
- Camping (with facilities) (8 nights), Dormitory (3 nights), Lodge (2 nights)
- 13 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 12 Dinners
- Overland vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Drakensburg - Royal Natal National Park Hike
- Howick - Nelson Mandela Capture Site
- Addo Elephant National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drive
- Addo Elephant National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drive
- Oudtshoorn - Cango Caves Guided Tour
- Weltevrede - Fig Farm visit
- Oudtshoorn - Meerkat Experience
- Hermanus - R320 Route Wine Tour
- Any international flights to Durban and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Garden Route Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Save US$ 76 today.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Garden Route Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 June 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Garden Route Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Garden Route Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent, occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
- For your accommodation and campsites on your adventure, facilities do vary, and wi-fi is not always available. Accommodation upgrades are often available.
- There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
- Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip. To see what more you could do, check out our Kruger, Coast & Cape adventure – search trip code UBOSC on the Intrepid website for more information.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.