- tour type Private Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 20-50 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 3636 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Mesmerizing view from Sandakphu of Mount Everest (8848 meters), Kanchenjunga (8586 meters)
- Momo making lesson with a local family in Timburey
- Seeing some of the countless species that inhabit Singalila National Park
- Exciting cultural tour in Darjeeling
Rise from your peaceful slumber at Sandakphu and make a short climb to a viewpoint. From here, see Mount Everest (8848 meters), Kanchenjunga (8586 meters), Lhotse (8516 meters), and Makalu (8481 meters) in all their glory. It is truly one of the best, if not the best mountain view in India. Where else can you see 4 of the 5 highest peaks in the world in one sweeping view?
Singalila National Park is one of India’s best trekking destinations, without a doubt. The landscape, wildlife, people, and every other bit of the experience make Singalila unique and lovable. The trail begins from Maneybhanjyang on the outskirts of Singalila National Park. Hike over and around the verdant, forested hills before arriving at the barren meadows of Tumling and Kalapokhri. Then, we make a final ascent to Sandakphu. The mountains give a true sense of perspective and we feel humbled just to be in their presence. Take some moments to just admire them and take some photos, though photos cannot do this view justice.
The splendor does not stop. From Sandakphu to Phalut, the mountains remain with us. In fact, the view from Phalut is nearly as mesmerizing as the day before. The barren open area gives way to an exposed viewpoint of the majestic snow-capped peaks. In Phalut, we stay in a trekker’s hut, face-to-face with the grand Himalayas. From Phalut, we trek through the picturesque scenery of Gorkhey and Timburey before getting a ride back to Darjeeling. In Darjeeling, we take you on an awesome day tour of the city’s cultural attractions and top it off with a delicious dinner.
Every night on the trek (except at Phalut), we stay in teahouses owned by local families. This is one of the most memorable parts of the trek. Learn about the culture and individual families that run the lodges. At the homestay in Timburey, learn how to make momos and other traditional local favorites!
It is possible to do the Darjeeling Singalila Ridge Trek Trek throughout the year. The best times, though, are spring (March to May) and fall (September to November). In the springtime, the colorful flowers are blooming. During the fall, the skies are usually clearer. Ashmita Trek and Tours arranges the trek with full management, including transportation, meals, etc. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions!
Note: when not walking in the morning and evening it can get pretty chilly so bring a decent jacket and inner wear!”
Day 1: Welcome to Bagdogra Airport and transfer to Darjeeling
Day 2: Drive to Maneybhanjyang (2134m), trek to Tumling(2940m)
Day 3: Trek from Tumling to Sandakphu (3636m) via Kalapokhri
Day 4: Trek from Sandakphu to Phalut (3600m)
Day 5: Trek from Phalut to Gorkhey (2143m)
Day 6: Trek from Gokhey to Timburey (1800m)
Day 7: Trek from Timburey to Rimbeek, drive to Darjeeling.
Day 8: Explore Darjeeling Local Culture Tour
Day 9: Farewell from Darjeeling!
- All the airport transfers including pick up and drop off to Hotel.
- 3 (Three night) hotel in Darjeeling before trek and after trek including breakfast.
- Sightseeing tour in Darjeeling as per the itinerary.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses (during the trek.)
- All necessary paper work and permits in Mountain and National park entrance and permit fees.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek and any hot drinks like tea or coffee.
- Helpful and friendly local mountain guides (licence holders).
- All necessary transports with friendly local driver.
- Farewell dinner with Company Representative.
- Group Medical kit box.
- Items such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected).
- Your Travel / medical insurance Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Visa fee for India
- International airfare
- Extra accommodation and meals outside of itinerary
- Porter (Rs. 6300 per porter for 6 days)
- Any other expenses not mention above as included in the price
- Save +US$ 22 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Important note : important information for our valuable clients not allowed to carry any kind of satellite phone & GPRS Map due to the border security to Protected and Restricted Area in part of Sikkim and Darjeeling Himalaya.