- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 7-79 yrs
- max group size 7
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-41297
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Starts/Ends Chiapa De Corzo, Mexico/ Palenque, Mexico
- Take a kayak tour through the colossal Sumidero Canyon
- Explore the iconic prehispanic cities of Yaxchilan and Palenque
- Spend a night in a beautiful Lacandon camp
- Enjoy a tour in the lagoons of Montebello and immerse in the flora and fauna of the jungle
Explore Chiapas' unique ecosystem, from the monumental Cañon del Sumidero to the beautiful lagoons of Montebello to the wild jungle. Share time with local communities whose preserved traditions and customs make up the culture of the area; learn with the people of Zinacantan the wide gastronomy of Chiapas or with the community of Nahá the importance of taking care of the natural resources. Discover the magnificent and imposing archaeological zones of Palenque and Yaxchilan.
Day 1: Welcome to Chiapas
Day 2: Kayak tour through the Sumidero Canyon
Day 3: San Juan Chamula & Zinacantán
Day 4: Walk and jump in the waterfalls of Tzimol
Day 5: Explore Montebello’s lakes & Hike El Perol Trail
Day 6: Jungle and hiking in the Montes Azules Reserve
Day 7: Yaxchilan, the Mayan city lost in time
Day 8: Lacanjá trekking & night walk at Nahá
Day 9: Nahá Reserve and Metzabok Lagoon
Day 10: Palenque & Roberto Barrios Waterfalls
Day 11: ¡Hasta pronto, México!
- 10 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches and 8 Dinners
- Accommodation with breakfast included at mentioned hotels or similar according to availability.
- Transportation to the above activities as indicated.
- Certified local guides in the English language.
- Entrance fees to archaeological sites and activities mentioned as included in the itinerary.
- Taxes included.
- National and international flights.
- Services or activities suggested or not indicated as included.
- Personal expenses (tips, laundry, souvenirs, room service, taxis, etc.)
- Food not mentioned as included.
- Bank commission for the payment method selected by the client.
- Earn US$ 83+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.