- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-5697
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Stay in the vibrant Chapinero neighbourhood in Bogota, one of the most culturally diverse parts of town.
- Embark on a spectacular guided hike through the Cocora Valley, home to hummingbirds and the world's tallest palm trees.
- Spend a couple of days learning about the world's favourite bean during a stay on a traditional coffee estancia deep in coffee country.
- Discover the new face of Medellin and learn about the city’s transformation from most dangerous neighbourhood in Colombia to arts and culture haven.
- Try your hand at tejo, Colombia’s explosive national sport (think bocce with gunpowder!). Join your group on this fun activity in Salento, made better with a free beer in hand.
Discover South America's best-kept secret on this 17-day adventure through the verdant mountains and powdery beaches of Colombia. Head into the serene highlands of Colombia's famed coffee region and discover the sweeter, softer side of this misunderstood country. Fall in love with Bogota's colonial heart, laze on palm-fringed stretches of Caribbean shoreline and hang with locals that redefine hospitality.
Day 1: Bogota
Day 2: Salento
Day 3: Coffee Estancia
Day 4: Coffee Estancia
Day 5: Medellin
Day 6: Medellin
Day 7: Medellin
Day 8: Cartagena
Day 9: Cartagena
Day 10: Guachaca
Day 11: Tayrona National Park / Guachaca Region
Day 12: Giron
Day 13: Barichara
Day 14: Barichara
Day 15: Bogota
Day 16: Bogota
Day 17: Bogota
- Hotel (14 nights), Coffee Estancia (2 nights)
- 14 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Plane , Private Bus , Private vehicle , Public bus , Van
- An expert tour leader
- Bogota - La Candelaria Walking Tour
- Salento - traditional Tejo game
- Bogota - Visit to Paloquemao market
- Coffee plantation tour, coffee tasting and coffee making
- Barrio Transformation Tour
- Medellin - Flower Farm tour
- Metrocable to Acevedo station and up to Santa Elena
- Cartagena - Orientation walk of hotel neighbourhood
- Tayrona National Park - Entrance fee
- Barichara - Walk along Camino Real to the village 'Guane'
- Barichara - Visit to a local artisan paper factory
- Any international flights to/from Bogota are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Colombia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 123+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Colombia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 January 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 January 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Colombia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Colombia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Colombia enjoys a stable year-round climate, but it can get particularly hot and humid on the coast. Remember to come prepared with adequate clothing.
- The Cocora Valley hike is quite rigorous, so you'll need to be fit and have sturdy walking shoes to take part. If you'd rather relax, you're free to opt out of this activity and soak up the scenery at your leisure.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.