- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Trek to Stella Point on Mount Kilimanjaro
- Take a scenic route with a high success rate
- Enjoy the stunning, unique mountain scenery
- Challenge yourself
We will use different ways for ascent and descent, to get the most of the scenery. At night, we'll set up camp and sleep in tents in campsites along the route. All campsites are in direct radio contact with the management of the national park.
The first two days are spent trekking through the rainforest to Shira Ridge. On an enjoyable, reasonably flat walk, the Lemosho path spans the entire Shira Plateau from west to east. Crowds are poor until the road near Lava Tower joins the Machame route. Then the road travels on a trail known as the Southern Circuit under Kilimanjaro’s Southern Ice Field before climbing from Barafu. During the ascent, you often have excellent views of Mt. Meru, west of Kilimanjaro, and Kenya. The descent is via the Mweka road.
Book this 7 Days Lemosho Route, relax, and let our team do everything for you, from the arrangements of the whole tour to the end. If you need any assistance from us, such as hotel reservations or transportation, please let us know and we will be very happy to assist you.
Day 1: Arusha to Lemosho Gate to Big Tree Camp
Day 2: Big Tree Camp at – Shira Camp 2
Day 3: Shira Camp 2 through Lava Tower to Barranco Camp
Day 4: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Day 5: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 6: Barafu Camp – Uhuru Peak – Mweka Camp
Day 7: Descent: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Arusha
- Meals: 6 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches and 6 Dinners
- Transportation to and from the Kilimanjaro gate
- Park and camping accommodation fees
- Professional English speaking guide(s), porters and cook
- Fair salary, food, insurance and accommodation for guide and porter
- KINAPA Rescue Fee
- Optional activities
- Visa fees
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Travel insurance
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.