- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Nature and wildlife The opportunity to see sloths, monkeys and brightly coloured frogs, together with some of Costa Rica's spectacular birdlife
- Volcanoes Admire the classic coneshape of Arenal and the vastness of Poas
- Tortuguero Cruise the jungle waterways and explore the rainforest in search of abundant wildlife in this 'mini Amazon'
- Monteverde Search for the beautiful quetzal in this remarkable cloudforest reserve
Discover Costa Rica's vivid natural beauty in comfort. Staying in a series of premium hotels, spot wildlife from a boat on Tortuguero's wild waterways, hike in unspoilt tropical rainforest, look down into emerald crater lakes and take a break on one of Costa Rica's many golden sandy beaches. Tortuguero - Cruise the jungle waterways and explore the rainforest in search of abundant wildlife in this 'mini Amazon' Manuel Antonio - Share the stunning white-sand beaches with sun-bathing iguanas and capuchin monkeys Monteverde - Search for the beautiful quetzal in this remarkable cloud forest reserve There are two itineraries running in 2020 - one which stays in the town of Manuel Antonio, and another from April which stays on the Costa Ballena, slightly further south on the Pacific Coast. Please read the separate itineraries for further information.
Day 1 : Start trip in San Jose
Day 2 : Visit the Irazu volcano; try cheese at a local dairy farm
Day 3 : Free day; optional white water rafting
Day 4 : Journey by bus and boat to Tortuguero National Park
Day 5 : Full day to explore the park searching for wildlife
Day 6 : Drive to Sarapiqui; Visit La Tirimbina for a chocolate tour
Day 7 : Walk in Sarapiqui's rainforest; drive to Arenal
Day 8 : Search for wildlife in Arenal; afternoon cooking lesson
Day 9 : Free day to explore Arenal
Day 10 : Drive to Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve; evening night walk
Day 11 : Nature walk in the cloud forest searching for wildlife; optional zip wire
Day 12 : Drive south to the Pacific Coast
Day 13 : Explore Manuel Antonio National Park's forest and beaches
Day 14 : Free morning; return to San Jose by bus
Day 15 : Trip ends in San Jose
- 14 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Quality Real Hotel (2 nights)
- Casa Turire (2 nights)
- Evergreen Lodge (2 nights)
- Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge (1 night)
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens (3 nights)
- Ficus Hotel and Sunset Suites (2 nights)
- Parador Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader / Driver
- Boat Crew
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica - Coast to Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 144+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica - Coast to Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica - Coast to Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica - Coast to Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.