- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 9+ yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover abundant wildlife – monkeys, sloths, birds and frogs are easy to spot! Visit the beaches and waterways of Tortuguero, an important nesting site for Green turtlesMeet the residents of Costa Rica's famous Sloth SanctuaryDiscover the beaches of both the Caribbean and Pacific CoastComfortable accommodation throughout, most with swimming pools to cool off at the end of the day Flexible itinerary with plenty of optional activities to choose from: ziplining, white water rafting, chocolate tour and catamaran excursion!
Costa Rica is a natural paradise, complete with volcanoes, rainforest, waterfalls, wildlife and beaches. Start your Costa Rica family holiday by travelling into the steaming jungle and explore the waterways of Tortuguero by boat, in search of monkeys, toucans and other colourful birds. Visit the Sloth Sanctuary and meet some of its famous inhabitants, stars of their own Animal Planet TV show. Enjoy a night walk in the rainforest, try white water rafting (optional) and splash around in thermal pools at a waterpark near Arenal Volcano. There's beach time too as we head to both Cahuita on the Caribbean coast and Manuel Antonio on the Pacific, where jungle cascades down to white sandy beaches.
Day 1: Start San Jose.
Day 2: Morning visit to La Paz Waterfall Gardens; relax by the hotel swimming pool.
Day 3: To Tortuguero N.P.
Day 4: Boat tour of waterways in Tortuguero N.P.
Day 5: To Cahuita on the Caribbean coast; relax on the beach.
Day 6: Visit Costa Rica's famous Sloth Sanctuary; discover Cahuita N.P.
Day 7: To Sarapiqui; night walk in Tirimbina Biological Reserve.
Day 8: Free day in Sarapiqui
Day 9: To La Fortuna near Arenal Volcano; free afternoon for optional activities.
Day 10: Guided nature walk in Arenal N.P.; visit thermal springs.
Day 11: To the Pacific coast.
Day 12: Explore the beautiful trails and beaches of Manuel Antonio N.P.
Day 13: Free day to relax, enjoy the beach or optional activities.
Day 14: To San Jose; relax by the hotel swimming pool or visit San Jose
Day 15: End San Jose.
- 14 nights comfortable hotels,All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Travel by minibus, boat and on foot
- All transport and listed activities
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus local leader,Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica Adventure Family Holiday tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 140+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica Adventure Family Holiday tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica Adventure Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica Adventure Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.