- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 9+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover abundant wildlife – monkeys, sloths, birds and frogs are easy to spot!
- Visit the beaches and waterways of Tortuguero, an important nesting site for Green turtles
- Meet the residents of Costa Rica's famous Sloth Sanctuary
- Discover the beaches of both the Caribbean and Pacific Coast
Costa Rica is a natural paradise, complete with volcanoes, rainforest, waterfalls, wildlife and beaches. Start your Costa Rica family holiday by travelling into the steaming jungle and explore the waterways of Tortuguero by boat, in search of monkeys, toucans and other colourful birds. Visit the Sloth Sanctuary and meet some of its famous inhabitants, stars of their own Animal Planet TV show. Enjoy a night walk in the rainforest, try white water rafting (optional) and splash around in thermal pools at a waterpark near Arenal Volcano. There's beach time too as we head to both Cahuita on the Caribbean coast and Manuel Antonio on the Pacific, where jungle cascades down to white sandy beaches.
Start San Jose.
Morning visit to La Paz Waterfall Gardens; relax by the hotel swimming pool.
To Tortuguero N.P.
Boat tour of waterways in Tortuguero N.P.
To Cahuita on the Caribbean coast; relax on the beach.
Visit Costa Rica's famous Sloth Sanctuary; discover Cahuita N.P.
To Sarapiqui; night walk in Tirimbina Biological Reserve.
Free day in Sarapiqui
To La Fortuna near Arenal Volcano; free afternoon for optional activities.
Guided nature walk in Arenal N.P.; visit thermal springs.
To the Pacific coast.
Explore the beautiful trails and beaches of Manuel Antonio N.P.
Free day to relax, enjoy the beach or optional activities.
To San Jose; relax by the hotel swimming pool or visit San Jose
Day 15: End San Jose.
- 14 nights comfortable hotels , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Travel by minibus, boat and on foot
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Flights usually with British Airways
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus local leader
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica Adventure Family Holiday tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 121+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica Adventure Family Holiday tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 345 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 08 June 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica Adventure Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica Adventure Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.