- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private and Group
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- max group size 4
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-38757
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Enjoy a city tour of Cesis old town
- Visit St. John’s Church
- Explore the Cesis medieval castle complex
- Hike to ancient Gauja River valley
We will pick you up from your hotel in the morning, and drive to Cesis. Once we arrive, we’ll first take you on a city tour to see such highlights as the City Hall, Merchant House, Princess House, and St. John’s Church. Hundreds of years of history are visible not only on the streets but also in the Cesis Castle complex, which we will also visit. Inside the medieval castle, you will receive a lantern and climb up its towers!
After the tour, nature is waiting! We’ll take you on a short hike (about 6km) to see the beautiful red sandstone cliffs along the ancient Gauja River Valley and enjoy the wonderful views, fresh air, and natural environment.
At the end of the tour, we’ll bring you back to your hotel in Riga.
- Transportation from Riga and back
- Hotel pick up
- Cesis city tour in English
- Entrance to Cesis Castle Complex
- Tour of the Cesis Medieval castle in English
- 6 km hike on the Cīrulīši nature trail (easy hike)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationWe will pick you up at your given address and bring you back. Please dress accordingly to the weather forecast! Due to very changeable weather, layering is key to enjoying the hike, and rain protection is a musthave. Any comfortable shoes are good enough for this tour. Please bring: 1 l of water per person as a minimum, snacks and lunch for breaks and picnic