- duration 14 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- Search for iconic arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, muskoxen and whales
- Hike the tundra, visit an Inuit community and explore a breathtaking fjord system in East Greenland
- Marvel at the dramatic mountains and bird cliffs of Iceland’s oldest region
- Possibly view the enchanting northern lights (aurora borealis)
Explore two of the last unspoiled wilderness areas on the planet with the Under the Northern Lights: Exploring Iceland & East Greenland itinerary. Cruising along Iceland’s mountainous Vestfjords and Greenland’s remote northeast coast, home to the largest fjord system in the world, you’ll discover diverse and dramatically rugged landscapes rich in iconic arctic wildlife. Immersed in the untamed beauty of the Arctic, you’ll experience Inuit culture firsthand at Ittoqqortoormiit, visit ancient Thule sites steeped in history, and marvel at the majesty of massive icebergs and towering bird cliffs. If you’re lucky, you may also catch sight of the spectacular northern lights dancing across the sky.
The Arctic has been inspiring explorers for centuries, and our expeditions offer the chance for you to discover why. We’re excited to host you on your unforgettable adventure! Feel free to reach out to our team of Polar Travel Advisers or your travel professional, who can answer your questions and provide assistance at any time.
Day 1 : Helsinki, Finland
Day 2 : Embarkation in Murmansk, Russia
Days 3 and 4 : At Sea
Days 5 to 7 : Exploring Novaya Zemlya
Days 8 to 13 : Exploring the Kara Sea and Severnaya Zemlya
Day 14 : At Sea
Days 15 to 18 : Exploring Franz Josef Land
Days 19 and 20 : At Sea
Day 21 : Disembarkation in Murmansk and Fly to Helsinki
Day 22 : Helsinki
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 350+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Under the Northern Lights: Exploring Iceland & East Greenland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 2699 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 124 days before departure. For any departures within 07 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Under the Northern Lights: Exploring Iceland & East Greenland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Under the Northern Lights: Exploring Iceland & East Greenland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.