- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Easy
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek the famous Kokoda Track the ethical way. We partner with a local cooperative that ensures local communities benefit directly from your visit.
- Hear incredible tales of wartime courage from the local historian in Brigade Hill and meet a surviving PNG war carrier who aided wounded soldiers.
- Hike up the arid spines of mountains and through valleys of lush rainforest, stopping to cool off in pristine rivers along the way.
- Meet the people who live in this region, learn about the local cultures and contribute to these small and remote communities.
With dense greenery, difficult passes, glistening rivers and incredible views, it is hard to believe that the historic Kokoda Track was the site of one of the bloodiest battles for Australian troops in WWII. Discover the humbling history and remote beauty of the track on this 11-day adventure, with seven days of intense trekking through the Papua New Guinea mountains. Conquering the trail requires dedication, courage and mateship – just like it did over 70 years ago. With the guidance of your personal porter, trekking leader and a hardworking local crew to illuminate the wartime stories of the trail, this trip will see you testing your personal stamina on a journey through tiny villages and thick jungle.
- Hotel (2 nts), Village community hut or camping (8 nts)
- 9 Breakfast, 8 Lunch, 8 Dinner
- Plane , Private Vehicle , On Foot
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Kokoda - Kokoda Memorial
- Kokoda - Kokoda War Museum
- Kokoda - Kokoda Track trek with personal porter
- Port Moresby - Bomana War Cemetary
- Any international flights to/from Port Moresby are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Kokoda Track tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 123+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Kokoda Track tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 31 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Kokoda Track tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Kokoda Track tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- While literature refers to the historic wartime track as 96 kilometres in length, today’s track measures roughly 165 kilometres including side trips and detours, which is the distance you will be walking on this tour. This equates to around 20 kilometres per day.
- The physical challenges of the Kokoda Track are immense. Expect long, demanding days of hiking through steep, sometimes slippery terrain, often to points of high altitude and under a hot sun. You will be required to complete a Passenger Self-Assessment form for this trip, available from your booking agent. We also recommend you undertake a training program before you begin.
- Due to the strenuous nature of the trek, the minimum age for this trip is 18 years old. Bookings for minors, even if accompanied by a parent, cannot be accepted.
- The accommodation on the trek is basic and multishare, often in communal village huts or tents. Please note that you will be sharing a mixed gender sleeping space unless camping. Tents are provided and carried by your porter.
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Last modified (date)