- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the colourful Paro Tshechu Festival
- Explore Gangtey Valley, the largest wetland in Bhutan and home to the BlackNecked Crane
- Immerse yourself in the cultural heart of Bhutan at Bumthang
- Climb high above the Paro Valley to the famous Tiger’s Nest Monastery
Journey through the mystical kingdom of Bhutan during the Paro Tshechu festival. The remote Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan is well known for it's untouched wilderness, rich Buddhist culture and a history steeped in mystique and legend. Our journey encompasses all that Bhutan has to offer taking in the 'must see' highlights of both western and central Bhutan. Our tour begins in the picturesque Paro Valley, home to the Tigers Nest (Taktsang) monastery. Here we attend the famous Paro Tshechu festival before driving across the dramatic Dochu La into central Bhutan, to Bumthang. It is widely regarded that Bhutanese Buddhism first took hold here and the legacies are the many ancient and magnificent monasteries which we will explore.
Day 1 : Arrive Paro
Day 2-3 : Paro Valley & Tshechu
Day 4 : Trek to Taktsang Monastery (walk approx. 5hrs return)
Day 5 : Cross Dochu La to Punakha(drive approx. 5hrs)
Day 6 : To Gangtey Valley (drive approx. 3hrs)
Day 7 : In Gangtey Valley and scenic day hike (walk approx 2hours)
Day 8 : To Bumthang (drive approx 4-5hrs)
Day 9 : In Bumthang
Day 10 : To Tang Valley and drive to Trongsa (drive approx 4hrs)
Day 11 : Drive to Thimphu via Lobesa (drive approx 6hrs)
Day 12 : Trip concludes in Paro
- Quality accommodation on a twin share basis
- 11 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 11 dinners
- Private internal transport
- All airport transfers
- English-speaking local guide
- Pre-departure Information Guide
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed
- Bhutan Government visa and sustainability fees
- International flights
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 201 today.
- Earn US$ 134+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bhutan Explorer & Paro Tshechu Festival tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bhutan Explorer & Paro Tshechu Festival tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bhutan Explorer & Paro Tshechu Festival tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.